Arthur's Day (2 Viewers)

you know what annoys me about guinness, and this is totally unrelated, is the way people say things like "it's a meal in itself" and that squinty eejit from bridget jones's diary said she was drinking the guinness to put on weight for that film, etc., but in fact it's typically the lowest-calorie beer you'll find in a pub, so what the fuck

that's all

Sorry to break it to ya but teh 90s was 20 years ago. Although Breo was phased out in 2000 so not so long ago.

I don't think Diageo came up with Arthur's Day, more likely Ogilvy did and being one of teh most successful ad companies in the world they know exactly what they're doing and that a backlash was to be expected.
Sorry I thought that said 200? as in 2000 and something rather than 20 years ago. I think it was around when I started going to pubs 1998 or there abouts.

you know what annoys me about guinness, and this is totally unrelated, is the way people say things like "it's a meal in itself" and that squinty eejit from bridget jones's diary said she was drinking the guinness to put on weight for that film, etc., but in fact it's typically the lowest-calorie beer you'll find in a pub, so what the fuck

that's all
Calories aren't the only factor in weight gain.

Crowds of drunks singing this...good times

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You know when you report something we all get emails that something untoward has happened on here. Don't need that.
the moderators?

I would hope that wasn't the case and that deciding whether something was untoward or not would be down to the moderators.

either way, no, I did not know that.

I probably deserve a ban

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/w...d-to-a-day-that-celebrates-guinness.html?_r=0

In many ways, the day has been caught in the cross-fire of an increasingly heated debate about society’s relationship with alcohol. Alcohol Action Ireland, a group campaigning for policy changes, estimates that alcohol is so cheap in Irish supermarkets it takes the equivalent of only an hour’s work at minimum wage to buy the weekly recommended intake.

Well yeah, Tesco brand vodka and Linden Village are cheap but when did alcohol in Ireland become so affordable in general? I thought we complained about the price when compared to elsewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back