art me arse! (1 Viewer)

That was the whole point of his exhibition. The hypocrisy of society (in his view) that one single dog, one incident, could cause such outrage while it goes on everywhere else everyday.
thus failing to recognise the difference between existence of suffering and deliberate infliction of suffering.

Sorry to ruin your buzz guys but the dog didn't actually die (a stray dog living off scraps most of its life not being able to survive a day without food?!?). It was fed before the 'exhibition' and afterwards before it was released back into the city later that night where, like hundreds of other stray dogs, probably will starve to death.

That was the whole point of his exhibition. The hypocrisy of society (in his view) that one single dog, one incident, could cause such outrage while it goes on everywhere else everyday. The more people who sign that petition and the more bloggers yap on about it the stronger his point becomes. Now, I'm no fan of modern art or whateverthefuck and I think his project was still cruel to the dog (although only mildly comparatively), but the dog didn't actually die.

proof please.

I dont give a fuck about yer third level bullshit,that dude is bang out of order.If he's ever unlucky enough to meet me I'll fucking burst his head.

good point! .ive read through as many reports on this now as i can and of course with out a corpse i can't prove it for sure but i believe it to be ture.
to many in changes in artist story for my liking.
either way i believe he's a cunt and shouldn't have been up to represent his country! been rewarded for animal abuse weather mild as you say or straving the dog to death.i posted the petition for this reason so weather people sign it its up to them.i guess none of us are in a position to state it as fact!
i don't think i did.

I just don't like how much attention this one 'artist' is getting with this. He doesn't deserve it and now the whole world knows his name and it's controversial which is always a bonus when your in his line of work.
I know someone who knows Vargas and I'd consider them to be a reliable source.

I just don't like how much attention this one 'artist' is getting with this. He doesn't deserve it and now the whole world knows his name and it's controversial which is always a bonus when your in his line of work.
I know someone who knows Vargas and I'd consider them to be a reliable source.

neither do i think he deserves to be a world famous artist.(maybe for different reasons) i guess the old saying "any publicity is good publicity"might unfortunately hold true.i guess the other saying "if you lie with dogs don't be surprised when you get fleas" other than that as far as i know ,i know neither you or your reliable source or their link to him.i hope i am wrong and the dog suffered less than i think but either way i think the
artist is responsible for the out come and deserves the bad press.

Well he's really made me rethink my whole attitude towards starving stray dogs to death. Boy do I feel like a fool now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back