art me arse! (2 Viewers)

Just to clear up any confusion, art is when you make things out of paint, clay, stone, wood, etc.
Performance art, much like the rest of this sentence, is actually 'pretentious prancing about while masquerading as encoded intellectualism that requires masses of mental effort and a prior education in the subject before you can come close to understanding it'.

In fairness, performance art is a snappier term.

Just to clear up any confusion, art is when you make things out of paint, clay, stone, wood, etc.
Performance art, much like the rest of this sentence, is actually 'pretentious prancing about while masquerading as encoded intellectualism that requires masses of mental effort and a prior education in the subject before you can come close to understanding it'.

In fairness, performance art is a snappier term.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to the strange guy again.

i thought the whole point of being pretentious was to avoid using your real intelligence because secretly you know you're an idiot.

You can't spell pretentious, without spelling preten...(er..amm)...t.

... I mean 'pretend'...

oh, forget it...

Aye, there's some nonsense to be had with a tall pair of stilts alright, ho ho, the notion of it is giving me a right good chuckle! There's nothing funny about animal rights though. Except.. well, ah, actually, no, nothing.

Tag: "Fisson or frisson?"
Just realised I mis-typed 'frisson' as 'fisson' :rolleyes:
All that effort over a carefully worded monster-posting. Ruined by a single 'r'.
Rrrrrruined!

I feel like Steve Martin in that film where he gets fired by his boss and all he has left is the satisfaction of publically giving his boss the "up yours!", only when the moment comes he uses his baby finger by mistake.
I feel just like that, I do.

Ha ha, the other tag: "gone fisson" :)

Cool, Jeremy Bentham said this about animal rights- "that the idea of such rights is "nonsense upon stilts"." I can't help but agree now

i think he was referring to the French Declaration of the Rights of Man - and specifically its descriptive approach to naturally given rights ... but sure what's the difference

he was taking about dogs and stilts for crying out loud.....

anyway, this is a forum for ireland's leading anarchist community, not discussions on the French Declaration of the Rights of Man and benthamite utilitarianism

pix_400HL.jpg

tiny stilts, seems its arse end has been shaved too...

wait here's a better one-

Lady-Poodle-web.jpg

Not a real dog though, I think

that was an exclamation, not a request.

all i could find was a cat on stilts though

lion_on_stilts.jpg

and this - no stilts but still good. wonder what the french would have to say about this, eh?

Poor+Dog.JPG

Ah yeah, I know- I was looking for dogs on stilts while you were typing your post- I can't believe there's not a picture of a real dog on stilts?! Internet not all it's cracked up to be

ok if you can't beat them join them.
so i've created two pieces of art for you'se

my first piece i've named "oly wants oly gets!"
heres some photo documentation for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 5055

the second is a multi media piece i've named "shorty's biscuits!"
enjoy....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry to ruin your buzz guys but the dog didn't actually die (a stray dog living off scraps most of its life not being able to survive a day without food?!?). It was fed before the 'exhibition' and afterwards before it was released back into the city later that night where, like hundreds of other stray dogs, probably will starve to death.

That was the whole point of his exhibition. The hypocrisy of society (in his view) that one single dog, one incident, could cause such outrage while it goes on everywhere else everyday. The more people who sign that petition and the more bloggers yap on about it the stronger his point becomes. Now, I'm no fan of modern art or whateverthefuck and I think his project was still cruel to the dog (although only mildly comparatively), but the dog didn't actually die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back