art me arse! (2 Viewers)

Well, that is true. There is definitively more awareness of animal cruelty. But i still struggle to consider leaving a dog, even if a street-dog without an owner, to starve as 'art'. I really can't understand it.

I really can't understand animal rights types videoing a dog starving to death to use as propaganda instead of "liberating" it. Must be the contradictions and inconsistencies ...
I mean art galleries are known for their beefy security guards. :rolleyes: A petition after the fact, wow.

in conclusion: people who do evil things are actually doing a public service by showing everyone else how not to be cunts.
let's all go and video ourselves abusing vulnerable people and creatures so everyone else will realise it's not cool.

Just a joke or an enthusiastic missing of the point?

That's a very reactionary response, my point is that I wouldn't see this in such absolute terms as others might...yes, it's horrible, but just because someone makes a show of it, does that make it any more horrible or objectionable than similar acts of cruelty that go unrecorded?

I really can't understand animal rights types videoing a dog starving to death to use as propaganda instead of "liberating" it. Must be the contradictions and inconsistencies ...
I mean art galleries are known for their beefy security guards. :rolleyes: A petition after the fact, wow.

im guessing the footage was from a recording of the instulation by the artist or someone connested to the gallery as a documentation of the "piece".i'd say anyone of the animals rights type wouldn't have just stood by.unfortunatley id say most people who signed the petition found out after the fact...what would you like me to burn a bin or something.

August 16th 2007.
The photos look like they were taken as documentary evidence, at least that's how it appears to me, I could be wrong.

There's a whole other discussion in here about "art", galleries, marketing, contemporary art,conceptual art, the cod theorising behind so much of it, etc. but for me it's just that it would have been so easy to "do something" about it. *shrug*

P.S. Maybe that couple with the guy in the pink shirt set a bin on fire, though I don't see what burning bins have to do with anything, you're weird! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back