Arrogant bands (1 Viewer)

060302derekzoolander.jpg

Leigh, bear in mind sometimes the people reprezentin' the band can be the arrogant ones and can give a bad impression of an otherwise lovely band.

About 90pc of the bands/solololosists I've ever dealt with have ranged from perfectly fine to super nice. Some come across quiet and disinterested but it's coz they're nervous types. Others come across badly coz they're having a bad day. You can spot that easily enough and you learn to get on with things and not hold it against them.

I can think of two bands in particular who I found to be just genuine idiots. One has since disbanded. But the others - WELL - the idea of a band who are bummin around somewhere between vague obscurity and vague recognition, coming on a city-wide commercial station and thinking they're too cool for school to actually respond to questions is just comical really. Well, it's comical in hindsight - at the time it's a pain in the tits, frankly.

But I decided long ago that if a band come in and are being gobshites, the best thing to do is just be as nice as pie without being chummy. Just get on with it and don't let them fuck anything up for you. Heh, in my case this usually translates to me smiling widely and speaking in a loud voice and not making eye contact "YEAH OK COOL NICE ONE LADS, THAT'S GREAT YEAH, SURE YOU CAN JUST CHILL IN HERE FOR A FEW MINS AND I'LL BE OUT HERE JUST SORTING THINGS OUT LA LA LA LA LA LA LA OK BYE... "

But eh yeah, don't name names. That's not fair. I'm sure you weren't going to anyway.

Naming names detracts from the hilarity of some people's stupidity.

Also, they might be sound, and just having an off day or something. Or, as is often the case, the band has one prick/wierdo, and the rest are grand, so it's not fair on them.

I hope I've always been at least decent to people......sorry to anyone I haven't been. Unless you deserved it.

well,
i get that, but it's just that in a year and-a-half or so of running shows there are few idiots that stand out, but only recently i came across an entire band that were all wankers
long story short, it was the first time people said to me afterwards about how they were arseholes

let the hatred go leigh...
a lot of bands are arseholes, but some are very sound.
so it can balance out in my experience...

I'm in the process of helping to put together a charity gig for Aware. Loads of bands said that they'd love to play it so I think that they're all sound, even if they're arseholes in the rest of what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back