Arrogant bands (4 Viewers)

I've no problem with mainlines image either. The music on the other hand....

Also the whole backstabbing thing, surely by its nature if people are doing it to you, you won't hear about it??

It is all about the music man. But when a band have a great sound and have a great look tis a winning combination. Rocket From the Crypt, or the Make Up were cases in point for me as a yoof, or the Arcade Fire and the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players more recently.

Pretty band members can be good too... roll on Jon Spencer, Evan Dando, Kathleen Hannah etc...

we played with bjorks sons heavy metal band in iceland. cos we were travelling we had to borrow gear, and i asked if i could borrow a distortion pedal.
the guitarist said ok, but didn't look happy about it. then send over his friend to say that actually they had decided it wasn't ok and they took apart my set up.
all sorted out when his da came over and told him to stop acting the bollix, in front of loads of people

Usually the longer people have been playing music = the sounder they act with support bands. Some of the elder-statesmen I've played with have almost been like indulgent uncles. Constantly checking we've been treated okay, checking we have enough soundcheck time, and almost taking us out for icecream.

we played with bjorks sons heavy metal band in iceland. cos we were travelling we had to borrow gear, and i asked if i could borrow a distortion pedal.
the guitarist said ok, but didn't look happy about it. then send over his friend to say that actually they had decided it wasn't ok and they took apart my set up.
all sorted out when his da came over and told him to stop acting the bollix, in front of loads of people

....Mister Bjork?

Goldie?

I google imaged 'backstabbing' and got this.

Let's get this in perspective people.

sturgis-pics-39.jpg

I'd be on for more of this type of back stabbing at Dublin gigs.

can I borrow this as the opening line to a new song I'm writing

"jeans and leather jackets, it's not a crime man
hop on my harley, girl we'll drive as fast we can
oooooooohhhhhhhyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh"

bruce_springsteen.jpg

I'd wager my entire fortune he's already written that :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back