ARctic moNkeY's (1 Viewer)

furious said:
so wot if there was a few rugby shirts and an irish flag? does this affect how you enjoy the music. I was there and that kinda stuff didn't bother me. just people having a good time.

there was a cream egg thrown onstage. woul that have runed anyones night, or is that okay coz it's nearly easter.

in short, yes, this definitely affects how i enjoy the music.
rugby shirts and irish flags affect how i enjoy rugby matches also...i dont.

im off to landsdowne or croke park soon with a guitar and a haircut, possibly a creme egg

while we're on the subject of overrated bands, i just downloaded a pelican album.

am i missing something?

Alan Remorse said:
while we're on the subject of overrated bands, i just downloaded a pelican album.

am i missing something?

you should see them live if you want to be dissapointed.
Australasia is pretty good though.

yeah, maybe ill give australasia a try.. it was "the fire in our throats.." that i got, and so far its a complete snoozefest

Alan Remorse said:
yeah, maybe ill give australasia a try.. it was "the fire in our throats.." that i got, and so far its a complete snoozefest

Yeah kinda going for that "atmospheric" buzz.Australasia is pretty heavy in parts with more straight ahead riffs.

all i can think while listening to it is "this needs vocals so much"
i've never really been into this scene though, jesu is the only one i really like
just tired of hearing metal bands trying to sound like mogwai i guess

they looked like they hated every second of the ambassador gig.
looks like their gonna be victims of their own fans.

remember reading an interview with them monkey fellows yonks ago when i was reading stuff and they said they imagine big fame would be the one thing that would kill them..
id say theyll all be hitting the heroin soon.

queen kong said:
they looked like they hated every second of the ambassador gig.
looks like their gonna be victims of their own fans.

I wouldnt say that(if you mean last night). They were pretty much on top form and had just played a stormer at the Leadmill a coupla nights before.

They werent as chatty as Whelans gig but were still fuckin dynamiteeee.

Crowdsurfing at the Ambassador, never seen that before.

egg_ said:
The only acceptable things to throw onstage at a rock'n'roll gig are underwear and bottles. What's wrong with people these days?

q7%20chukker%20close%20029.jpg

There was a whole bunch of their stuff on the telly today and i think what i realised is they're doing pretty much the same thing as all these other brit-whatever bands are doing at the minute, but slightly better. People have been acting like mugs buying Maximo Park/kaiser chiefs/editors albums and then realising how shite they are, whereas this one looks like it might be good, in comparison, so it's sold tonnes.

To be fair though, in the greater scheme of things, they're very very average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back