ARctic moNkeY's (2 Viewers)

Also if they were American and pitchfork broke them people here would be shitting themselves about them. Give me artic monkeys over shit like clap your hands say yeah any day.

I haven't got the album yet but the singles have been great. Fucking terrible name for a band though.

Stan Bowles said:
... give me artic monkeys over shit like clap your hands say yeah any day.

Another band my special skill urges me to avoid.

I agree with _egg and Stan. I think it's seen as naive to like new/young English bands as opposed to Irish or American or European. What I've heard I've liked from this crowd. Nout too wrong wiv it.

I'm never usually able to do the whole superiority-complex *heard of them first* thing, but unfortunately I can with these. I got all their demos in September 2004 and fell in love with them, to my surprise. But they've actually been ruined by the hype and I'm disgusted.

Songs like Scummy sound so good when you aren't made to listen to them 5 times a day through the media.

The list of songs that I still like has been reduced bit by bit. I mean, I still like them all underneath my stupid hard indie shell, but Mardy Bum still does it for me greatly.

Shame it'll probably be the next single.

Honestly though, without the hype, they're excellent. Nobody likes a band being pushed onto them.

saw them last night at the nme gig in ambassador. i thought they were pretty good. the crowd were going nuts for them.

one thing i have to say with regard to the 'hype' ruining them, it was a bit annoying to have the crowd singing along to every word of EVERY song. Fucks sake give the band some room especially for those of us who aint heard most their stuff already. An ireland flag was produced and held aloft, crowd surfing was in full effect, there were a few rugby shirts in the crowd....

yes folks there was a smattering of oxegen/electric picnic about the crowd. no harm done i suppose. well good for what would usually be a drab monday night.

vb7000 said:
I'm never usually able to do the whole superiority-complex *heard of them first* thing, but unfortunately I can with these. I got all their demos in September 2004 and fell in love with them, to my surprise. But they've actually been ruined by the hype and I'm disgusted.

yeah i hate name-dropping, don't usually do it,but when i was out with Gavin Friday and Gavin Lambe Socialite we bumped into Barry Egan and he gave me a well advanced copy of the Da Vinci Code, fell in love with this actor Tom Hank.wait until the media get behind this indie tit flick.i saw it first.

frambosenshmak said:
saw them last night at the nme gig in ambassador. i thought they were pretty good. the crowd were going nuts for them.

one thing i have to say with regard to the 'hype' ruining them, it was a bit annoying to have the crowd singing along to every word of EVERY song. Fucks sake give the band some room especially for those of us who aint heard most their stuff already. An ireland flag was produced and held aloft, crowd surfing was in full effect, there were a few rugby shirts in the crowd....

yes folks there was a smattering of oxegen/electric picnic about the crowd. no harm done i suppose. well good for what would usually be a drab monday night.

glad you had goodtime at this but also glad i wasnt there if this was the atmosphere, nevermind the music

I think its pretty good,not amazing but better than anything by Sigur Ros or Sonic Youth.

Kinda garagey and rockin.

clonan attack said:
glad you had goodtime at this but also glad i wasnt there if this was the atmosphere, nevermind the music

so wot if there was a few rugby shirts and an irish flag? does this affect how you enjoy the music. I was there and that kinda stuff didn't bother me. just people having a good time.

there was a cream egg thrown onstage. woul that have runed anyones night, or is that okay coz it's nearly easter.

furious said:
there was a cream egg thrown onstage. woul that have runed anyones night, or is that okay coz it's nearly easter.

A crème egg is quite heavy. it could have hurt someone or if thrown correctly, taken someone's eye out. if this is the carry-on at gigs these days, I’ll stay at home an put on a cd... although cds, if thrown correctly, could take someone's head off... maybe I’ll just listen to the radio... having said that, my dad used to beat us with a radio aerial... :(

nEiLo said:
A crème egg is quite heavy. it could have hurt someone or if thrown correctly, taken someone's eye out. if this is the carry-on at gigs these days, I’ll stay at home an put on a cd... although cds, if thrown correctly, could take someone's head off... maybe I’ll just listen to the radio... having said that, my dad used to beat us with a radio aerial... :(

7 0r 8.
Not nine though in this economic climate.

nEiLo said:

that is all very true. Luckily for all concerned this cream egg landed safely on the stage floor, beside a microphone.

which was lucky.

furious said:
that is all very true. Luckily for all concerned this cream egg landed safely on the stage floor, beside a microphone.

which was lucky.

not as lucky as to have lit cigarette ends being flicked on stage while they were playing or were they aimed at the bouncers?

if throwing stuff at gigs is what it takes for a few people to get going at a gig then i suggest those people fuck off home or perhaps the bands should get more proactive and dive into the crowd to dish out a bit of rock and roll hidings.

i'm all for moshing and mauling but dont fuck with the band unless they invite you to :D

frambosenshmak said:
not as lucky as to have lit cigarette ends being flicked on stage while they were playing or were they aimed at the bouncers?

if throwing stuff at gigs is what it takes for a few people to get going at a gig then i suggest those people fuck off home or perhaps the bands should get more proactive and dive into the crowd to dish out a bit of rock and roll hidings.

i'm all for moshing and mauling but dont fuck with the band unless they invite you to :D

saw the cream egg. didn't see no cigarette ends. so much for crowd dignity. and the smoking ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back