ARctic moNkeY's (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse said:
yeah, maybe ill give australasia a try.. it was "the fire in our throats.." that i got, and so far its a complete snoozefest

I agree, its really dull. And in this case I have actually heard it and am not relying on my special skill.

i went to this. it was shite. ive had catchier, and more musical wanks. i should have just stayed at home and had a catchy, musical wank. fool me once, nme...

I made a boo boo.

I thought we had tickets for last night's show, but in fact they were for Monday. I only realised this at 7.45 last night.

:eek:

So I went to the pub and watched Wigan knock the Goons out of the Lager Cup.

.|..|

Still, I'm down €120 now...

:(

i really wanted to see we are scientists..but i was glad when i saw the amount of spas comin out of the ambassador as i was waitin on my last bus that i didnt go..

yeah it was an nme thing so it was arctic monkeys, we are scientists, maximo park and someone else..id say we are scientists were deadly..

well, i know i'm an ould bitter git now 'cos i just listened to their tunes on myspace and like they're aiiight, but pretty pedestrian really - very similar to any libertines etc. stuff i've ever heard in my opinion and certainly nothing to write home about musically. no real energy, passion or intensity.

but wtf?! fastest selling album in british history and #5 on nme's new best british albums of all time... and it's onny out a week - ask me fla.

thats no reason to like a band. cos theyre better than your own band?
thats like saying if ya dont play in a band everyones better than you,...oh i get yr point!

just think how good tenpastseven are/were at 18 and how average the arctic monkeys are.

i agree with egg and stan's comments also; but if i was in me late teens or early twenties i'd probably think the monkeys were smashing. I got the album coz i liked 'bet you looked good...' and thought it were areet (sorry). i'd rather me younger bro bring this home than some other shite.

Loads of shitter more annoying bands worth giving out about. Leave these guys alone!

clonan attack said:
thats like saying if ya dont play in a band everyones better than you,...oh i get yr point!

just think how good tenpastseven are/were at 18 and how average the arctic monkeys are.
I was just being facetious.
I don't particularly like them. They're ok but I think as a first album from basically a bunch of 19 year olds, then it's pretty impressive.

clonan attack said:

thats a matter of opinion in fairness.

I would rather listen to Arctic Monkeys.

the most interesting thing about this band is their label. arctic monkeys are on domino, and label-mates with smog and third eye foundation and will oldham and max tundra and loads of other great stuff.

domino are a label that can't be just dismissed as 'fake indie' or the like. they're more like a label who seem to be able to do blasts of chart-pop-carpetbomb-marketing when it suits them (arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand), and then simultaneously release obscure stuff (and not have it come across like the obscure stuff is someone's ego-trip - they're releasing this stuff because it's good). it's a curious position for a label to be in, and pretty much an anomaly, certainly in the u.k. at the moment.

the only comparison i can think of is factory in the mid-to-late 80s, when they were selling millions of copies of releases by new order and happy mondays, and also releasing stuff like durutti column records; stuff that had no hope of 'selling', it just happened to be great music.

(though, now that i think about it, maximo park are on warp, which is somewhat similar. hmm.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back