April Budget (2 Viewers)

fags are going up by 25 cent, not percent, he made a mistake reading it out. can i assume if i was on the 1% levy before that i go up to the 2% bracket now? i think i came out of this pretty well, and at the end of the day, i only care about myself.

yeah that's how it's reported. Yr in the same shitty, but solid boat as myself

High 5 guyz.

As far as I can see I'm only affected by the income levy increase, diesel and insurance one.

Oh, and the CGT increase from the intended sale of my collection of Van Goghs.

Not if you make €75,036+
Anything between €15k and €75k is at 2%
Anything over is at 4% which is a fucking quadrupling for some people.

Would it not be the case that their first 75k is taxed at 2% and the rest is taxed at 4%? So it wouldn't be quadruped for those on, say 80K, just doubled mostly? Not that it makes any difference to me.

The PRSI sounds scary. I don't understand it, but it doesn't sound good.

i wonder how much people are actually taking this on. are people actually changing thier pending habits or expecting the govt to curtail overspending on thier behalf?? i mean the property boom, it wasnt actually fianna fail that bought all that shit, it was people. i think.

The government takes money off the people to run things like the economy.

If the government doesn't consider the idea that making ~all its money off people buying and selling houses, and diversify or save anything for the future or plan for other scenarios its not the people's fault.
The government has no money. They fucked up royally. They are not the US, so they can't do things that the US can.

Ireland is in a spot of bother right now.

that + everyone i know has casually lived with their credit cards in the red for years now, thats going to be a less realistic way of getting along very soon.

Im fucked.

Job seekers benefit slashed for under 20's, rent allowance going down, tax on the minimum wage, income levy, and imminent impending college fee's of doom.

That's a bit of a hefty ass raping right thar.

Its always amazing how people come along afterwards, and say aaaaah but at the tiiiime..., NOW you say the Iraq war was a bad idea, but AT THE TIME!!
No. At the time I said it was a fucking disastrous idea. Like most sane people.

Same thing in the US with this credit crunch thing. I saw it a mile off. About a year before it happened I was talking to my old man about it. When it happened I was talking to him again, and I told him I was relieved. Relieved because its horrible waiting for something bad to happen.

Obviously houses were going to go down in value in Ireland. No one was in doubt about this. The system was unsustainable.

Yet the government carefully set itself up to be completely screwed when this happened. Crafted their position over the years. They had a rock solid position in the Dail, they did whatever they liked.

This is their job. This is what they are paid to know about. Its all they do.

And every time some massive fuck up comes along, they arrive on our TV sets with strained faces, telling us "we don't know what its like" and talking about hindsight.

Fuck off.

Its always amazing how people come along afterwards, and say aaaaah but at the tiiiime..., NOW you say the Iraq war was a bad idea, but AT THE TIME!!
No. At the time I said it was a fucking disastrous idea. Like most sane people.

Same thing in the US with this credit crunch thing. I saw it a mile off. About a year before it happened I was talking to my old man about it. When it happened I was talking to him again, and I told him I was relieved. Relieved because its horrible waiting for something bad to happen.

Obviously houses were going to go down in value in Ireland. No one was in doubt about this. The system was unsustainable.

Yet the government carefully set itself up to be completely screwed when this happened. Crafted their position over the years. They had a rock solid position in the Dail, they did whatever they liked.

This is their job. This is what they are paid to know about. Its all they do.

And every time some massive fuck up comes along, they arrive on our TV sets with strained faces, telling us "we don't know what its like" and talking about hindsight.

Fuck off.

well done you

edit:

I'm getting really bored of people who saw this coming, maybe they could use their magic powers to tell us how we get out of this

Would it not be the case that their first 75k is taxed at 2% and the rest is taxed at 4%? So it wouldn't be quadruped for those on, say 80K, just doubled mostly? Not that it makes any difference to me.

I was referring to the income between €75 and €100k.
That money was at 1% previously and now at 4%.

This is a lot of people's 'gravy'. The money they spend on holidays, big purchases and the like.

well done you

edit:

I'm getting really bored of people who saw this coming, maybe they could use their magic powers to tell us how we get out of this

I don't know how to get out of it. I am not an economist. That is not my point. My point is this was painfully obvious, and Brian Lenihan comes out uses words like benefit of hindsight.

There are people that exist that do know about economics.
You get a consortium together of the 6 best economics lecturers in the country, and 6 CEOs of Ireland's best businesspeople, they form an advisory group that Lenihan must listen to, and publicly explain why he is going to overrule if needs be.

For this service the members of this board will be given some sort of break in their income tax or something.

People exist that know about this. Gather them up, and use them. Lenihan and Cowen et al have already proven his inability to do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back