April Budget (1 Viewer)

Green Goblin

Sorry if there's a thread already on this.

What do you think's going to happen?

I really hope welfare doesn't take the hit they're predicting. There is actually no need to decrease it, as they'd only be able to decrease it by an amount that wouldn't give them near enough money back from it if they just dropped it 20 or 30 euro. They'd have to decrease it to the amount that would cause even Irish people to riot in the streets. Also, they should uncouple disability from the dole - I don't get the point in disability otherwise, apart from the travel pass which is only any good if you travel a load.

I don't understand why we don't just kick the fuckers out. I'm pretty sure it's in our constitution we can do that.

remember april from ninja turtles? she'll always have a place in my budget.

april_o%27neil_fashion_doll_cartoon.gif

Also, they should uncouple disability from the dole - I don't get the point in disability otherwise, apart from the travel pass which is only any good if you travel a load.

careful now ted, i lived on disablitly for over 3 years, because i am, well, disabled. theoretically the dole is a stop gap to stop you going homeless/starving and into poor health if you cant find work, disability is your entire sustencance if you are unable to work. i was averaging about 14-16 hours sleep, i couldnt last outdoors for more then maybe 1 hour at a time, and at that, only once a day, which got me to tesco and back or at a stretch on the weekend to somones flat to sip green tea and watch them drink.. if i had to pay over the counter for my meds that made this hour per day possible it would have been around 90 euro perweek plus another 160 per quarter on doctor visits for blood testing, as that shit aint good for the blood. the bus pass was invaluable because on the meds driving was completely out of the question, so to make the 12 mile journey to see my folks twice a week it was invaluable. its very different to the dole, but also open to abuse.

Hear! Hear! The free travel pass is invaluable. When you don't have the option to hop in a car and just go anywhere, reliance on public transport is not an easy way to get around on a daily basis.

The disability allowance and blind pension are already less than the unemployment benefit and most people on disability don't have the option to work, unlike certain people who are on the dole who are able to do nixers for extra cash.

it looks like the 1% income levy will be going up in place of tax rates / bands being changed since it's too much hassle to do that in the middle of the tax year.

then in january expect wider tax bands, increased tax rates and maybe a new 48% tax rate for "higher earners" too. don't expect the income levy to decrease though.

doubt there'll be any change to social welfare rates.

probably see a few of the tax avoidance schemes being wound up

expect to see increment freezes for the public sector.

They are cutting all stopped all grants from the community and gaeltacht affairs. They have offically been 'put on hold' was the letters we received but they cut the staff that run the programmes so it will quite some time if ever that they'll move forward. Its ironic however, they cut social enterprise money, the one grants that will generate a yield and make community groups self sustainable and not have to look for future grants.

careful now ted, i lived on disablitly for over 3 years, because i am, well, disabled. theoretically the dole is a stop gap to stop you going homeless/starving and into poor health if you cant find work, disability is your entire sustencance if you are unable to work. i was averaging about 14-16 hours sleep, i couldnt last outdoors for more then maybe 1 hour at a time, and at that, only once a day, which got me to tesco and back or at a stretch on the weekend to somones flat to sip green tea and watch them drink.. if i had to pay over the counter for my meds that made this hour per day possible it would have been around 90 euro perweek plus another 160 per quarter on doctor visits for blood testing, as that shit aint good for the blood. the bus pass was invaluable because on the meds driving was completely out of the question, so to make the 12 mile journey to see my folks twice a week it was invaluable. its very different to the dole, but also open to abuse.

I don't think it'd fair that people who are unable to work, or find it much more difficult to do so are the same as people "between jobs".

I couldn't work in my current state, I got several panic attacks the last time I did, and I barely got through college, I was constantly ill. I'm doing something about it though, but I still won't be able to manage full time employment for quite some time.

i kinda like the fact that FF have to deal with the mess they created.
That's not how it works. We'll be dealing with the mess FF created. It's us who'll be paying higher taxes, getting less social welfare and finding it tougher to get jobs (hopefully not all at the same time). It's FF's job to decide how much taxes we pay, not to pay the taxes.

Personally, I'm concerned that this budget won't be tough enough and the country will go to complete shite.

We need an election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back