Anything new / exciting out there?? (3 Viewers)

Re: Re: Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by herv
for some local max patch action check out ameboizoid's audiocannibalism album on spitroast.

http://www.spitroastproductions.com/artists/keith.html

me and simon played with him a while ago - the first thing i said to him was
"hey, nice max patch"
it was very impressive! i even liked his set!
do jew use a PC? are you into PD at all?

andy

Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
Underrated local acts recommended by this O'Malley:

- Schroedersound
- The Boxes

Also well worth checking out, if your jollies are achieved through the medium of unusual noyze, are the following:

- "Beaches and Canyons", Black Dice
- "Vision Creation New Sun", The Boredoms

The Boxes are the perfect example of a great band with poor vocals... I'm with Speedy here: too many Irish bands have dreadful vocals and this has nothing to do with the recording.

Generally, it's to easy to label a bad voice as "unconventional" and get away with it. Only a few (very few) singers who can't sing properly sound good

I heard two of the Boxes mp3's and thought that the singing was cool. Really. It sounded fine to me. Kinda suited the music, in a Lemmy from Motorhead way. How many times have you seen them live Alex? I wasn't going to name names or anything, only to say that Neosupervital hit the right spot for me as a good example of interesting vocals. It can't be easy to sing around his crazy concoctions. But he does it with ease.

Re: Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by Alex
Generally, it's to easy to label a bad voice as "unconventional" and get away with it. Only a few (very few) singers who can't sing properly sound good

The reason why any vocal sounds good is, IMHO, firstly the performance and secondly the presentation of the voice in the context of the whole song (i.e. the production and arrangement). Having a 'good voice' makes the second part easier and so is desirable but by no means essential

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by dragonninja6000
me and simon played with him a while ago - the first thing i said to him was
"hey, nice max patch"
it was very impressive! i even liked his set!
do jew use a PC? are you into PD at all?

andy

yep, i played with him before as well, super stuff. i currently use 2 pcs running a combination of buzz tracker and a load of vst plugins, i'd love to get into max/msp stuff though. is it available for windows yet? i'm a bit clueless but would love to learn. i'm doing a lot of granular type stuff at the moment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by herv
yep, i played with him before as well, super stuff. i currently use 2 pcs running a combination of buzz tracker and a load of vst plugins, i'd love to get into max/msp stuff though. is it available for windows yet? i'm a bit clueless but would love to learn. i'm doing a lot of granular type stuff at the moment.

i doubt MAX/MSP will ever be made for pc...i'll ask my teacher next class, but i always got the impression it was more MACS/NOPCS! - oh how funny
PD though is some other cat who used to have something to do with MAX/MSP - it's open source shit - less documentation / support, but it's free
if you nerd around with it i'm sure you'll get something rapih out of it.
i'm probably doing a granular syntheis thing in max/msp for my end of year project. high five to my man curtis roads and iannis xenekis.

andy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cats that bark

Originally posted by dragonninja6000
i doubt MAX/MSP will ever be made for pc...i'll ask my teacher next class, but i always got the impression it was more MACS/NOPCS! - oh how funny

hmmm... i read stuff on www.em411.com that it was in development, but we'll have to see.

PD though is some other cat who used to have something to do with MAX/MSP - it's open source shit - less documentation / support, but it's free

woo! yeah, i heard about that as well. it sounds really cool. do you know anything about plugin builder? you create max patches and then throw them into builder and it converts them to vst. deadly.

if you nerd around with it i'm sure you'll get something rapih out of it.
i'm probably doing a granular syntheis thing in max/msp for my end of year project. high five to my man curtis roads and iannis xenekis.

sorry guys - but this thread is about things that are out there that are new and exciting - a bunch of dorks sitting around talking about their max patches and vst plugins is neither new or exciting - pete - delete these posts perhaps?

bye

andrew

ps - the new (notice the NEW) neon hunk album is 100% exciting (notice the EXCITING) - you could learn a lot from it and it would probably help the relevance of your posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back