anyone hear jesu yet? (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
anyone hear jesu yet? does it sound like godflesh or completely different?

spotted the cd the other day but wanted some feedback before buying.

I've heard it, the 2 track one at least, good stuff, not as Godfleshy as Godflesh obviously but the guitars sound very similar and the tunes are mad long meaning big buildups etc, when I do a cd cleanup at home I'll dig it out for you

The EP is two long songs that are quite different to Godflesh. Pretty relaxing stuff. The full length is proabaly in my top three albums this year even though it's not released until next February (Soulseek rules). Bleak, depressing and very heavy in places. Mostly clean vocals, but there's one song with that classic Streetcleaner vocal effect and equally brutal music. It's fucking brilliant. As good as Pure and Hymns, but not quite as amazing as Streetcleaner.

yeah, i haven't got anything else to add really,other than jesu make me weep tears of joy. Is the full legth actually out?Hmm..looks like i'll be ordering that in work so..

Steve have you heard the new Unearthly Trance yet?

Yes Jamie and it's fucking classic stuff. Miles better than Seasons. It's the best album in that doom/sludge/dirge genre I've heard in ages. I downloaded it as it's coming out on vinyl soon. I got the Seasons double vinyl yesterday which is nicely packaged. UT supported Sunn O))) in New York and it was disappointing, but it was in a big packed venue and the crowd was a bit dead. Hopefully they'll come to the UK/Ireland as they're on Rise Above. I recon they'd be amazing in a Giros type place. Imagine an Unearthly Trance/Serpents/Scald/Dagda/Wreck Of The Hesperus agro-doom fest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back