anyone else working on christmas day? (3 Viewers)

i get off tomorrow and i'm not back till the 8th of january. and all my time off is paid despite the fact that i've only been here three weeks and i'm a temp. i don't know how that works but i'm not complaining.

Not strictly working but I have 2 assignments and a lot of study to do and it's as good a way as any to spend Christmas Day.

is anyone going to do any fun christmas outdoor activities like a big walk or a swim or mountain climb? the christmas swim in the lake is popular at home so i might do that. the water is always icy but its very invigorating. for me the "swim" involves jumping off the pier and getting again out immediately.

My family New Years celebration usually concludes with an after midnight walk for any who are able for it. That is usually really nice.

We used to climb Baltinglass Hill on Christmas Day but we haven't been together for Christmas for a few years.

I can't wait for a week off. Is anyone else absolutely bollixed tired? It's like the past 12 months have caught up with me and all my body wants to do is hibernate. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is anyone else absolutely bollixed tired?
I'm always tired. My new years resolution is do less work

Me and Mrs. egg_ and my two brothers went for a Christmas swim in the sea a few years ago. Wasn't as cold as you'd expect (though still pretty fucken cold). Was invigorating for a little while, then we all went home and fell asleep

Its the Old Terminal Building at Dublin Airport, sadly its mainly full of offices now though the lower section is used as part of Pier A. The tower cab on top is the old tower, no longer used (but maintained for contingency purposes). We're over beside the fire station now.

One of my mates works in ATC.

I love that OLD Terminal. Many memories from that.

As for Tenerife? Yeah, I remember that happening.

I remember them all.

What hospital do you work in dj rampz? Are you working all day?

st lomans. i generally work in the community but im minding the chronics on xmas day. theyre a sweet bunch though. im kind of fond of them.

I'm working an overnight on my birthday and an overnight on christmas eve, finish at ten on christmas morning. It's kind of depressing. Not as depressing as it is for my clients* I'm sure.

*once again, to reiterate, I'm not a prostitute, I work with people in crappy life-situations.

Get hold of that Christmas Budweiser jingle, stick it on a loop, sticky-back-plastic the phone onto the speaker.

everybody's happy.

is anyone going to do any fun christmas outdoor activities like a big walk or a swim or mountain climb? the christmas swim in the lake is popular at home so i might do that. the water is always icy but its very invigorating. for me the "swim" involves jumping off the pier and getting again out immediately.

Probably go kayaking on New Years day.

anyone old enough to remember this?

Here, am I the only one worried by the fact that when I mention my job two people start posting pictures of crashed planes?

As youse saying I'm shite?

Anyways, too young (as in, not born yet) to remember Tenerife as it happened, but I did have to listen to the RT tapes from the Avianca crash in Long Island 1990. That was scary.

Here, am I the only one worried by the fact that when I mention my job two people start posting pictures of crashed planes?

As youse saying I'm shite?

Anyways, too young (as in, not born yet) to remember Tenerife as it happened, but I did have to listen to the RT tapes from the Avianca crash in Long Island 1990. That was scary.

I wouldn't worry about it seeing as you weren't even born when them crashes happened and I don't know of any crashes caused by ATC in Dublin in recent times so you must be doing something right,eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back