Any one get? (1 Viewer)

That must only be entertaining if you've heard SOAD then?
Some woman shouting. Apparently the one that ought be carved to pieces for creating that Skater Boy thingum.

This isn't a punk site, is it?
You'd be hard pressed to find many of those around here, Hipalicious.
If that is your real name.

Originally posted by enchance
LuvChild, the link works. Pete just fucked up the mark-up on it. That's all.

BANNED.

I am infallible.

except when i fuck up, of course - original link is fixed now

Originally posted by pete
On a similar note, I just heard Tori Amos doing Raining Blood for the first time.

She's a strange one.

tori did this for the women of afghanistan, you have to picture a big red vagina in the sky raining blood down on the twisted evil taliban men.
i've never heard slayer doing it...

tori says :
"I said in an article a couple of months ago that "Raining Blood" was not about Satan for me when I first heard it. It was really about seeing this big vagina in the sky raining over Afghanistan, and this was before all this madness on September 11th. This was knowing that the reports in The Guardian, the paper in England, were talking about some of the atrocities that happened to the women, all over the world. So I saw "Raining Blood" as something that has been shamed within us, which is the blood. And as we know it's the blood that doesn't come from violence, it's blood that bleed for purifying and healing, and I really saw it as a very different call than for Satan. "

.|..| .|..|

Originally posted by coraline

tori says :
"I said in an article a couple of months ago that "Raining Blood" was not about Satan for me when I first heard it. It was really about seeing this big vagina in the sky raining over Afghanistan, and this was before all this madness on September 11th. This was knowing that the reports in The Guardian, the paper in England, were talking about some of the atrocities that happened to the women, all over the world. So I saw "Raining Blood" as something that has been shamed within us, which is the blood. And as we know it's the blood that doesn't come from violence, it's blood that bleed for purifying and healing, and I really saw it as a very different call than for Satan. "

No wonder some women still find it hard to be taken seriously in the music industry when someone like Tori talks absolute shite.....awful...she's on a downward spiral.

Thats the worst thing I've ever read....

...stick impending

Originally posted by Speed Racer
No wonder some women still find it hard to be taken seriously in the music industry when someone like Tori talks absolute shite.....awful...she's on a downward spiral.

...stick impending

jaaaaaysus speedy.

you really do bring it on yourself.

:eek:
run while you still have legs

the album Tori did was an album of songs originally written from a masculine standpoint but with a different spin on them from a feminine standpoint.
the atrocities in afghanistan refer to the mutilation/circumcision of women's genitalia. Tori was using some sort of symbolism to say that the perpetrators of these acts would face some payback. i guess.

Reign In Blood is one of those albums that everyone needs to own.

Needless to say, i don't.

Originally posted by conor
i'm shocked and saddened.
you don't even have a fifth generation hissy tape?

Nah i lost it somewhere along the way... I have most of it on mp3, along with assorted fear factory and tori amos covers.

not the same i know...

i actually prefer south of heaven. class.

Attachments

• south.jpg
    south.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back