Anti-Gigsmart??? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pete said:
as nice as the snickers flapjack?
mmmm... melty

Snickers flapjacks are possibly* one of the best things going on in my life at the moment.

Get them in Busstop on Eden Quay on the way home.

Although I haven't had one in a good while - does that still count?

-Count for what?

-I don't know...

*impossibly

Go to search, type in GigSmart into the search engine and it will bring up every thread where gigsmart is mentioned and in most of them there is someone having a go at us.
I came here for the first time purely to offer a service for free, I said that I was going to be DJing in the bar of the Music Centre from time to time and offered to play people's Demo's for them if they dropped them in, I got no reply.
I also offer bands a stage to perform on and a place on our compilation and have never asked any band for money in this manner ( we asked bands to contribute € 50.00 to the compilation CD for promotional work, not the actual CD, cause that had already been paid for ).
We are not out to look for people to argue with, cause its counter productive and we are only interested in furthering ourselves.
There is a resource here for communication which will widen our audience and if you are interested then I'd like to meet up, if not then fine we'll continue with the people that have been active in GigSmart since its birth, but I do feel that your cutting your nose off to spite your face.
All of the bands that have gotten involved and taken the initiative have been the better for it, why would you not want to get involved?????

Niall

silo said:
the differences are so obvious i'm surprised they need explaining.
To be honest I can only see two differences:

1) Gigsmart is more gig-oriented while Things is more independent releases-oriented

2) The "target": Things bands tend to sound more "indie", Gigsmart bands tend to sound more "mainstream" (just generalising here... but you can get the point)

None of these reasons can prevent the two from working together, me thinks. In the end they're both aimed to help independent/unsigned bands in the end.

As per the bad reputation of Gigsmart here I have to say it's totally unjustified. I happened to meet some of the Gigsmart guys and they were absolutely sound. Of course, there are more than 50 bands involved, you can expect a couple of pricks who damaged their image.

It's the same here: the whole "Thumped is for pricks" thing is due to four/five people who've been unfriendly with newcomers and this affects the image of hundreds of nice people who post here. The same can be told about Things.

Again, Tokin here was just trying to start some constructive cooperation, I don't really see why he should be treated unfairly

That's my 2c

Alex

Anthony said:
Up until today I hadn't heard too many "anti" gigsmart comments here. I think you were just looking for a row.

Hmmmmm........

Do ya want examples. Here's three

Dan
"I said it in the Things section before.... Gigsmart stinks, just stay away from it."

Lorcanzo
"and i new this smelled of gigsmart. jaysus."

The Pope
"why don't you fuck off to cluas? or gigsmart? "

There's plenty more. I just searched the General Thumped section. I didn't even go into the Things one :p

Anyway as I said I've also been to a Things meeting and heard first hand what people thought of Gigsmart - but I never heard any genuine reasons why people didn't like em.

Apart from their Logo colours of course :)

That was the only question I was asking, not trying to start a fight man. Just trying to stop all this shite......

Tokey said:
That's what silo told me (sorry silo, PM and all that).

"gigsmart wants to access the industry, thingsyouremissing wants to kill it "

I dunno but the road is the same, No?

I don't even know if Gigsmart wants to access the industry, I don't represent them, I just wanna play gigs with as many bands
as I can & have a laugh doing it :p

pm'd again.

silo said:
pm'd again.

Right so man.

Silo has sugested that we go to the next Things meeting to see if we can do some work together.

Also this will give everyone a chance to slag us off in person. :D
So bring your rotten fruit, and handbags at dawn !baggyyyy

Hopefully we can iron some things out !ironyyy

When's the next Things meeting?

Tokey said:
Right so man.

Silo has sugested that we go to the next Things meeting to see if we can do some work together.

Also this will give everyone a chance to slag us off in person. :D
So bring your rotten fruit, and handbags at dawn !baggyyyy

Hopefully we can iron some things out !ironyyy

When's the next Things meeting?
Next monday? No, that's the bank holiday.

I refer you to Exhibit A.

Tokey & Pantone your reffering to individuals as though they were reps of an organisation, I wouldn't care too much about em to be honest, those posts are all ancient anyway.

A couple of people don't like Gigsmart, boo hoo, I weep into my pony tail.

The way I see it is if anybody didn't like any thing without properly checking it out (say Dr. Pepper or cherry coke) then its their loss.

Similarly if someone had this anti Gigsmart or Things vibe goin on without actually taking the time to understand either then its no loss the organisation being lambasted.

If that person is prone to unjustified hate then, quiet obviously, they are a piss head with heavy psychological baggage and would have been no addition to the org either way.

So friends sticks and stones...

Personally I'd be more concerned if someone who was consistently involved in an org became disaffected rather than someone who knows nothing about it and spouts cowardly anonymous crap on the internet.

RAD-ALARM said:
this one time i opened up photoshop and i got a picture of corky from 'life goes on' and i made a new logo for GigSTupid and posted it on the internet somewhere

it was totally funny. i might still have it on my pc at home - i'll post it up if i do. it looks like Corky is flippin some devil horns like Dio or something. pretty cool.

andrew

I remember that and even though I think you're a nut, it was very, very funny.

lorcanzo said:
once we played a gig with blotooth in the tmbc.

i logged onto the gigsmart board to find the locals slagging us off, and asking "how did they get this gig? they're not even a gigsmart band."

etc.

If I was to judge Things or Thumped on a few of the replies I've seen here, I wouldn't be here.

Get over it man

Thumped: Untrustworthy
Things: Selective
Irish Unsigned: Pro-active
Gigsmart: Not perfect but by far the closest thing to resemble a true music organisation in a long time

That's my OPINION, no more or less valid than anyone else's.

I feel a backlash a-coming...

Shane Smith said:
Thumped: Untrustworthy
Things: Selective
Irish Unsigned: Pro-active
Gigsmart: Not perfect but by far the closest thing to resemble a true music organisation in a long time

That's my OPINION, no more or less valid than anyone else's.

I feel a backlash a-coming...

Jesus....

:mad:

Shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back