Animal Collective (2 Viewers)

I would like to know how the guy in the tiger suit and the guy in the gorilla mask didn't pass out. I was upstairs and nearly melting so I can only imagine how hot it was down in the crowd. I can appreciate that kind of dedication though. Kudos it either were one of you folk.

they were really annoying. i was praying for fainting spells. no kudos.

Well, If I was standing next to them, I would have been annoyed too. However from the old people seats they provided visual entertainment that the band did not. There were pockets of people in the crowd (to borrow a phrase) off their tits... among people chin stroking so it was a strange room to watch.

bit of mixed emotions about this gig. enjoyed it more as it went on. thought the encore was deadly. i've seen them play way better before however!! crowd was full of cock-knockers though. too many cunts waffling through any songs that weren't on MPP. prickholes. still, some songs were deadly. but not even in the same league as the whelan's show. not even close.

bit of mixed emotions about this gig. enjoyed it more as it went on. thought the encore was deadly. i've seen them play way better before however!! crowd was full of cock-knockers though. too many cunts waffling through any songs that weren't on MPP. prickholes. still, some songs were deadly. but not even in the same league as the whelan's show. not even close.

Sorry other people like your band.

Not a huge fan anyway, but I thought this was fairly crap. Way too much bass which just drowned out everything else. Last track was great, but other than that I was checking my watch a lot. Thought it sounded like Black Dice during an earthquake, but not as good.

Weird gig. Got better as it went on.

But I fucking hate Tripod. What an awful place. Missed the start and then booted out on our ear as soon as the last note was played by ogre-ish bouncers.

Yeah Tripod is awful isn't it. Who would put a cloakroom in the corridoor on the way in / out? Why would you design your venue so that people actually have to queue to leave?

Good gig though - enjoyed it more than I thought I would after giving the latest album a listening to these last couple of days.

p.s. anyone go to the Chinese barman in the back bar? Jaysus he was impressive. I've never had a chat to a random stranger beside me about how good the service is before ...

I really enjoyed it. I know the sound wasn't great, but I went out for a boogy and I boogied. Anyone who failed to get caught up in the rollicking rhythms of Brothersport is dead in the hips.

Who on earth was that girl who thought it was the sort of gig at which you mount your boyfriend's shoulders and elaborately hand-dance, in the manner of Misson gig attendance circa 1992? Gave me a good old laugh.

Oh and I want a light-up tablecloth now, too.

I really wanted to enjoy this gig...but I didn't. Pity, just couldn't get it into it.
Couldn't believe how many people were waiting outside looking for tickets!

Too many random dubby wigout bits, I zoned them out, thought about the lighting effects, and zoned back in for the, y'know, songs. And no Peacebone, for shame. I give this musical concert 5.5/10

They have a dancehall sound now to say the least. I thought the new song..'what would I want sky' was absolutely amazing. The Whelans gig last year was definitely better..perhaps mostly cos Tripod is a kip, and whoever said the bouncers were ogres was spot on...I got threatened to move along or be out on my ear for standing in the corridor just inside the door while I waited for my girlfriend to follow me in!!! And this was at 8pm when the place was half empty!!

Who on earth was that girl who thought it was the sort of gig at which you mount your boyfriend's shoulders and elaborately hand-dance, in the manner of Misson gig attendance circa 1992? Gave me a good old laugh.

She was a tower of strength. To me.

Tip the bouncers arrived and told her to smarten the fuck up.

My friend who never bothered to get a ticket strolled up to Tripod, saw Panda Bear outside, got him to put him on the guest list and strolled in. The lucky little fucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back