angry :( (3 Viewers)

I love seeing all the kids of different nationalities hanging out together at the playground across from my house.

A few months ago 3 black kids aged maybe 5 - 8 were happily minding their own business at the playground when a group of local traveller kids who cause nothing but trouble in the area swarmed over, surrounded them, knocked the youngest one to the ground and started screaming 'go back to your own country pakis'.

I ran out and the travellers ran off telling me to 'fuck off cunt'. Lovely. The parents of the little kid arrived and were all set to head over to the hatling site to have a word with the parents of the kids. I advised them against doing so.

The whole incident made me so sad though. The poor little kid was so upset and his older brother looked so confused.

I too would hate to be anything but Irish in this country. My boyfriend who is English has even had trouble. Nothing extreme, but smart comments from 'hilarious' people, and issues with promotion in his old job which he feels was done to his nationality.

someone i am going to college with who is from cork has been having an awful time where she's living now, even SHE isnt accepted in dublin by her neighbours.....she was also saying these two american guys live nearby and one day they had "fuck off back to poland" yelled at them from across the street.

:confused:

someone i am going to college with who is from cork has been having an awful time where she's living now, even SHE isnt accepted in dublin by her neighbours.....she was also saying these two american guys live nearby and one day they had "fuck off back to poland" yelled at them from across the street.

:confused:

It just shows the type of people they have to deal with. Thick and ignorant.

My boyfriend works with quite a lot of Eastern Europeans who he gets on very well with and he hears awful stories about the stuff they have to put up with, like a mob of local kids kicking their door in and other such activities, forcing them to move out. My boyfriend is a manager and says there is a huge divide between the Irish and non-Irish workers. He tried to organise a team building night out, dinner and drinks to give everyone a chance to bond but none of the Irish lot were interested.

My friend has started working in an engineering firm which employs lots of non-Irish engineers and she has commented on their being a divide there too.

Tis the same everywhere. My sister in London gets told to fuck off back to Poland on a regular basis. Even the Kenyan security man who came to her aid was told to fuck off back to Poland one time! The funniest racial abuse she got was being called a "bog-eating Murphy".

And about the divide in workplaces, when I lived in Holland the factory where I worked had a foreigners table in the Canteen. I even heard one of the Dutchies saying about me one day why is that Dutch (i.e. White) girl sitting at the foreigner table? It was pretty stupid, but I don't know if it was self-imposed by us foreigners of if the Dutch genuinely didn't want to sit with us. A little from column a and a little from column b I suppose. They certainly gave us dirty looks.

Oh and back to horrible little cunts. Fair play to you for telling them off. I'm sure you didn't feel like it went well but there might have been one or two in his gang that were silently agreeing with you, or might in hindsight.

The Asians that work in the Ballybough Esso garage get a terrible time too and not just from kids...tis a rough area....I understand why they lock the doors at 9pm and that was in the summer!

no, he was #4

the other guy was tall and skinny. i bet hector knows who i mean.
hector knows. paul was the name. he had various surnames, depending. man, he got girls. "i just love this white pussy" he said to me once, in his dublin drawl. "me too" i lied.

My sister in London gets told to fuck off back to Poland on a regular basis.

I, for some reason, get that the whole time in work. I can't understand it at all. Do I look Polish or something? It doesn't offend me but I get narked at the person for saying something retarded like "Where are you from?" "Ah, out the road.. Kildimo" "Oh! I thought you were Polish or something!"

The other day in Uni we were put into groups as a get to know each other thing. We had to do a sorta treasure hunt around the campus task. And one part we got stuck at at one of the buildings. So this guy in the group from the country goes in and asks the guy behind the desk for help but he doesnt understand him at all. So he came back out screaming "stupid polish cunts, fuckin coming into Belfast and cant fuckin speak English and taking jobs of the rest of us" and then proceeded to tell us about how if it was up to him they whole lot of them would be sent back were they belong. Dont think I've ever come across more of an idiot!

I was walking by some flats near my gran's in ballybough today and i saw
PACKY BATERS
ON TOUR

graffitied on a wall. It'd be funny if it wasn't such a tragedy. I felt like crying.

I live 50 yards from that shop in Glenageary. Jack the chinese guy is really really sound, I can't believe someone would say that to him:mad:

Actually, I can well believe it from those little wankers that go to Andrew's. There's a heap of the posh little cunts that should be put down.

There is far too much hating going on. Parents need to stop teaching their children to hate and fear anyone who is different... and in a way, pride is part of the problem. The more we are encouraged to believe that belonging to one particular group of people somehow makes us better than everyone else the more stuff like this will happen.

As a non-catholic I've encountered my own problems in this country since I first started school, but I find it difficult to believe that Ireland is any worse than anywhere else... I've seen evidence of racism in every country I've been in... and it always disgusts me, but the closer to home it is the more repulsive it is and the more it angers me.

overt racism like La La describes is awful.

yet, the casual jibes you hear in the workplace and in various other social gatherings are far more common and just as infuriating. If more people objected to stupid generalisations made by people who clearly cannot grasp different cultures then the more in-yer-face stuff might stop.

poor La-La, I completely sympathise with you. I turned into an even more incoherent stammering wretch trying to stick up for this Dutch guy in the dole office in thomas street ages ago.

I was sitting next to this old haggard alco looking woman, face a labyrinth of creases who kept tutting at the dutch guy getting his forms sorted, he, in perfect english is explaining his work situation. She in broken english, wah? mneeeh dem bleeding guy probebly dodn't no a word she sayn to 'im. heeeeya yooowhe oill boii ye a bleedin ticke' back hoe-em.

nudging the guy in trackies next to her for back up and laughing like a maniac.

repeat above by 20 times. until I finally cracked and gave out to her. ineffectually.

have you gotten in touch with Andrews over this?

andrews-todd.jpg

that's a fucking disgrace. repect for challenging them on it lala.

the fucking kids today innit? so far the africans upstairs have had to contend with the little scum fuck hood rats who've been hanging out around here first scratching 'NIGER' into into the bonnet of their car and then spray painting the same racial slur onto the wall outside our house in big orange letters. they spelt it right the second time. ignorant little cork cunt knack wah fucks. there's been an explosion of these particularly bad mannered cunts recently. and the amount of littering they do is beyond words. I can see a day of confrontation looming really soon. beatings might have to be handed out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back