Amazon Kindle now available in Ireland (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 198
  • Views 60K
  • Watchers 4
Could this new book kill the Kindle?

The-new-flipback-book-007.jpg

Im not sure I understand what these things are. They look like tiny books with tiny print printed the wrong way across the page.

Fuck that. I love an oul buke like, I've got hundreds after all, but when it comes down to it, when we have stuff like the Kindle, you just can't justify the amount of paper used to produce books around the world. It'll be great when everything is digital in that respect.
In the future I'd like to see limited special edition type runs of books, say print 5000 instead of 50000 or whatever, and sell the rest as e-books, that way if you really care enough you can get a paper book, but most people will stick with the digital format.

I use Kindle for Mac & I've noticed that I can only buy from the 'merican store. The UK shop tells me to feck off its not available in your area.

Whats up with that?

Does that mean if I ever get a proper kindle yoke that I'll have to sync it with america or something?

The Fire isn't an e-reader though. I'll wait till 2012/13 when they find a way of combining the e-ink and normal stuff on the same screen.

Could this new book kill the Kindle?

The-new-flipback-book-007.jpg

Im not sure I understand what these things are. They look like tiny books with tiny print printed the wrong way across the page.
I saw one of these in waterstones yesterday, it was David Nicholls' One Day, and I was wondering what the hell it was. Could've easily slipped it into my pocket and walked out as well

the world metal supplies are depleting at a very fast rate so the price of home electronics will shoot through the roof, whereas trees and therefore paper are indefinitely renewable. i give the kindle 50 years, which is a short lifespan in comparison to a book. specially a leather bound one made out of a cow and a tree.

Thinking of purchasing one as a present. How essential/useful is having the 3G on it? If you've a dozen or so back up books on it I can see it as that important.

Thinking of purchasing one as a present. How essential/useful is having the 3G on it? If you've a dozen or so back up books on it I can see it as that important.

I would say utterly non-essential unless you think you'll need to download books on the bus. Otherwise the wifi is more than adequate. You won't use the kindle for web browsing. The web browser is crap and completely unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back