Amazon Kindle now available in Ireland (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 198
  • Views 60K
  • Watchers 4
nike air was a pretty rediculous ad campaign.

A: doc martens had air for years, they just didn't have a window on them.
B: all runners have air, its cheaper then plastic to produce.
C: it worked.

reebok pumps were the best

reebok_pump2.jpg

you pressed the basketball a couple of times to pump your runners. Or you could just opt not to pump them and just be like everyone else.

nike air was a pretty rediculous ad campaign.

A: doc martens had air for years, they just didn't have a window on them.
B: all runners have air, its cheaper then plastic to produce.
C: it worked.

I never had a pair of Nike Air anything in my life so I can't really say whether you missed the point or not.

Got the Kindle in the post yesterday. Very impressive little gadget. Very easy to use and the content is on the device in a matter of seconds after buying it (I've only bought free stuff so far).

Its not books though. I haven't tried to actually read anything on it yet and I anticipate it taking a bit of getting used to. The screen is quite small and the words can seem a little crammed in (though you can change the settings relating to the size of the words, etc).

I tried out the web browser. Its only 'experimental' and so is far from the finished article. Its better than nothing, but not the most user friendly app I've ever used. Oh, and thumped crashed it. Go thumped!!

Got the Kindle in the post yesterday. Very impressive little gadget. Very easy to use and the content is on the device in a matter of seconds after buying it (I've only bought free stuff so far).

Its not books though. I haven't tried to actually read anything on it yet and I anticipate it taking a bit of getting used to. The screen is quite small and the words can seem a little crammed in (though you can change the settings relating to the size of the words, etc).

I tried out the web browser. Its only 'experimental' and so is far from the finished article. Its better than nothing, but not the most user friendly app I've ever used. Oh, and thumped crashed it. Go thumped!!

one does one's best

i is john, paypal are saying i have not enough funds in my bank account to pay for something i ordered last night so the payment has been reversed, but they're wrong, i do have funds, can you sort that out for me?

i is john, paypal are saying i have not enough funds in my bank account to pay for something i ordered last night so the payment has been reversed, but they're wrong, i do have funds, can you sort that out for me?

yeah, probably. I'd imagine it's your own fault though.

I was looking at this for a potential christmas present for myself and when I went onto Amazon UK they were telling me to buy it off Amazon International which added about 50 euros in postage and "pre-import fees" and other shite. If I were to post it my sister in the UK would I be missing anything by using the UK one over here? Like will I be blocked from using the bookstore or something? I'll only be getting the wi-fi version, have no need for the 3G one.

no, I can't see how that'd be the case. The device is registered to you and linked to your amazon account. Seeing as that account will likely be in the UK anyway I can't see how or why they'd look to penalise you. Sure if you were in England and moved to Ireland wouldn't you want to bring it with you and be able to use it here. I reckon you'd be safe enough.

I got stung with those extra fees. Pain in the hole. And blatant racism too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back