Age of Consent (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:
just saw on the news that they've rearrested "Mr A", on the grounds that he pleaded guilty and didn't rely on the defence of ignorance anyway. seein as it wasn't available as a defence, that's pretty much bullshit reasoning with obvious political pressure. this whole thing is a farce.haha!

Totally agree. And you know what's gonna happen? He'll be freed at a later stage and will take one motherfucker of a lawsuit against the State (i.e. me and all of youse) for wrongful detention not once, but twice!!!

Fuckwits.

La La said:
hey mack attack, will you grow a mullet?
you've got the makings of one there already....

please do. it'd be amazing.

For you anything. .|..|

Sorry I'm pretty drunk heree

speaking of mullets, the other half thought it'd be hilarious to give me one... So far all I've got was bitter stares (jealous) and nasty comments (jealous).

You have a mullet! Fuckin hell. Thats amazing. You should get dreads at the back as well.

oh shit said:
just saw on the news that they've rearrested "Mr A", on the grounds that he pleaded guilty and didn't rely on the defence of ignorance anyway. seein as it wasn't available as a defence, that's pretty much bullshit reasoning with obvious political pressure. this whole thing is a farce.haha!

There was a Guardian "comment is free article" earlier today...as far as I can tell, the dude was claiming that because the ROI has a written constituion, as soon as a law is declared unconstitutional, it drops out of legal existence and anyone imprisoned/conviction as a result is free to challenge their detention/conviction. I gather double jeopardy didn't apply to the Mr A case because the Supreme Court was allowed to pass judgement over the High Court, which apparently is regarded as a continuance rather than a retrial.

ICUH8N said:
There was a Guardian "comment is free article" earlier today...as far as I can tell, the dude was claiming that because the ROI has a written constituion, as soon as a law is declared unconstitutional, it drops out of legal existence and anyone imprisoned/conviction as a result is free to challenge their detention/conviction. I gather double jeopardy didn't apply to the Mr A case because the Supreme Court was allowed to pass judgement over the High Court, which apparently is regarded as a continuance rather than a retrial.

I have a feeling Nikita Denise would argue that.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I let off all those rotten farts earlier. Were you convinced by my stern denials?
No more than the beak would be convinced that the local feeler was just "taking the dog for a walk" in bushy park.

Lefty Frizzell said:
farts - stern
a_SternMTV.gif

Ciaran Mackle said:
You have a mullet! Fuckin hell. Thats amazing. You should get dreads at the back as well.

fuckin hell if she does that herself and ciaran will have the same barnet, and then we can refer to them together as 'crusticide'.
though they'll probably top the guest-lists for all the crusty-fukk fests/picnics this summer.
:heart: .|..|

hermie said:
ha ha, Mary harney.

what i don't get about the whole thing is that there is a huge difference between rape and statutory rape so it shouldn't even be an issue of this 'sex beast with the 12 year old' getting out if he was charged with the correct crime.was that just a case of lawyers getting an easy conviction instead of going for a proper rape charge?there should be far harsher penalties for rape anyway but supposedly they don't want to bring them in because they think it would encourage rapists to murder their victims when they're done with them.
I think it was cos the girl would have been cross examined if they went for a rape charge, and that would have been horrible for her. You know, scummy defence lawers making out she was wearing inappropriate (whatever that means) clothes and such a la Keanu Reeves in Devil' s Advocate.

Anyway, didn't everyone just think the age was 16 anyway? I know I did back in the day. Not that made any difference of course.

Way i understand it is they get done for (a) sexual assault and (b) statutory rape. Say the offender gets six months for (a) and two and a half years for (b). They then serve say two years, (b) gets quashed due to it's non-existance, so they've served the term for (a), hey presto, out free.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Way i understand it is they get done for (a) sexual assault and (b) statutory rape. Say the offender gets six months for (a) and two and a half years for (b). They then serve say two years, (b) gets quashed due to it's non-existance, so they've served the term for (a), hey presto, out free.

There are seven cases where the only charge convicted on was statutory rape.

There's an argument being made that since the original law they were convicted on never existed then they can be tried on charges of rape or sexual assault (its not double jeapordy as they're only being tried once). Unlike their original trial, this would necessitate an appearance by the victim for cross examination, which may discourage some of the victims from assisting.

we finally have our own Patriot act - a fast tracked rushed through legislation that will throw up more constituitional crises in the future

and further if Roger Casement was alive today, people (if the media is anything to go by) would still want him executed but now for very different reasons

fine gael/enda kenny want the people to have sa say in sentencing of the courts. if this were the case the death penalty would be re-introuduced

i'm also sure with the new legislation that John Waters won't like it as it makes criminals out of fathers and not of mothers (albeit teenage fathers and mothers)

IFF said:
we finally have our own Patriot act - a fast tracked rushed through legislation that will throw up more constituitional crises in the future

and further if Roger Casement was alive today, people (if the media is anything to go by) would still want him executed but now for very different reasons

fine gael/enda kenny want the people to have sa say in sentencing of the courts. if this were the case the death penalty would be re-introuduced

i'm also sure with the new legislation that John Waters won't like it as it makes criminals out of fathers and not of mothers (albeit teenage fathers and mothers)

what was that about roger casement?was he a cradle snatcher?

yea every year is like 10 in your teens (maybe a bit of an exaggeration but mainly true).still rape snaky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back