advice please (1 Viewer)

dudley (05 Mar, 2002 02:29 p.m.):
am also now considering a laney lc50,€900 in musician

opines?

a friend of mine bought one a few weeks ago, exact same deal in musician, and as far as I know has been delighted with it.

He does a lounge/ funk kinda thing and mentioned he got a good ckean sound with a bit of crunch if you gave it welly

his only gripe was having to stick it on castors because it weighed a fucking ton.

I shall see if I can glean more information out of him...

dudley (05 Mar, 2002 02:29 p.m.):
am also now considering a laney lc50,€900 in musician

opines?

the new valve ones are supposed to be good, and my old one was loud. i know you have already stated your feelings on marshall's but my housemate bought a new 40watt valve jcm2000 a while back and it is really warm and loud. they are also in the price range you seem to be talking about. music maker have them. give them a go.

I don't like Laneys, or at least not their bass amps. I think they sound like Trace Elliots - kind of a pretend-good sound

Have you looked in Sound Gear near Portobello bridge? That's my favourite amp shop - they know their shit in there

egg_ (06 Mar, 2002 02:53 p.m.):
I don't like Laneys, or at least not their bass amps. I think they sound like Trace Elliots - kind of a pretend-good sound

Have you looked in Sound Gear near Portobello bridge? That's my favourite amp shop - they know their shit in there

I thought the Trace Elliot was the Rolls Royce of bass amps. I mean I was told that. What's a good bass amp?

I remember playing a gig through a trace elliot stack guitar amp yoke and my god it was the sexiest sound ive ever had, i still have photos of that thing

snakybus (06 Mar, 2002 02:58 p.m.):
egg_ (06 Mar, 2002 02:53 p.m.):

I thought the Trace Elliot was the Rolls Royce of bass amps. I mean I was told that. What's a good bass amp?

i bleedin' hate Trace Elliot bass amps.
hate
hate
hate

they always end up makin me sound funky or farty.

i love my laney :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back