advice please (1 Viewer)

mate in drogheda has a line 6. i don't like it, it sounds like my old laney but without the faintly rockin metal grill at the front. get the jaysus marshall man. how can you have a problem with marshalls? you sound like beardo. GET THE MARSHALL! 'vox' sounds like 'cocks'. great amp, but......'vox' sounds like 'cocks'.

AND residual value is something to think about. hughes and kettner are great amps but you can't give the things away after a few years. line6 = deawoo. marshall/ac30 = audi/merc.

dudley (04 Mar, 2002 11:58 a.m.):
i would have hated the marshall
just can't get to like them
always too harsh for me

What guitar you using Dudley? Gibson-y type humbuckers with overdriven Marshall tubes sound real nice I reckon (e.g. Pixies). The old Valvestate didn't really compare to Marshall all-tube amps though ...

Would you consider the Roland JC50 (or JC 120)? Bit cheaper than an AC30 and a sweet sound that might suit the Corpo

i really like jc120's but they're far too big and impractical really
maybe it were cheap enough

i play a strat with a seymour duncan pick up at the bridge. i got a switch put in so i can turn on it and the standard fender pick up at the bridge. i just bought a left handed sg i have to tinker with a bit, me thinks

dudley

it doesn't really matter what amp you get
it doesn't really matter what guitar you play

because at the end of the day....
you're STILL gonna break a string at every gig, aren't you?
:)

True.
But at least he has two guitars now.
So you don't even get the 5 minute respite while me and Pip stand/sit about looking embarrassed and miserable.

joss (04 Mar, 2002 03:24 p.m.):

So you don't even get the 5 minute respite while me and Pip stand/sit about looking embarrassed and miserable.

or play Slayer riffs

Here....

Um.

If anyone is talking to Pip could you tell him that Stuart Little says he's sorry for his 'behaviour' last week. Apparantly I definitely owe him an apology.
And he's not the only one either....

Mice shouldn't drink whiskey...

update

after reading some very scary things about the new vox ac30's on www.harmony-central.com there isn't a chance in hell i'm buying one.
i rang up beat it and asked if they had any vintage ones in stock, he said not currently. he said he had a ton of other amps in but there was nothing worth comparing to the vox and i was better to wait till he found one for me.

as a matter of interest i asked him what he thought of the new versions, and he reckoned he had only ever had 2 in, and they were both faulty. he wasn't surprised to hear the horror stories about buttons falling off, capacitors blowing on first turn on, actual amp frame falling apart etc.

so it seems best thing to do is wait....

i was really hoping to have one in time for next wednesday, need a good amp
8(

I read those same reviews. I couldn't believe it, it seems like the reissue amps are shite and blow up when you switch them on for the first time. You don't really want that to happen when you buy a new amp.

It's a damn shame. I suppose an alternative is to buy a secondhand one. I've read stories of the old Voxes lasting for decades.

Last night I dreamed I bought the most beautiful guitar in the world in a market for 90 squids.
It was un-freaking-believeable. As an afterthought I was like, "oh I might take the amp as well" and your man was just about to throw it in for free when I woke up...

bah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back