Ads are wrecking my head (1 Viewer)

AV on my Mac threw-up nine dodgy files that weren't there on last scan a few days ago. First time in a year (since getting the Mac) that anything has been found.

so any idea what exactly these viruses, trojans and the like actually did? Was it "just" getting people's passwords and whatever else they typed or more interesting stuff?

got this after scan:
Virus "W32/MyDoom-A" detected in MAcHD:Users:Shared:Infected:tfsmlad.scr
Access to the infected denied.

Also had 4 other files that got moved to an 'infected folder' which I trashed.

Anything else I need to do?

Haven't ever scanned before today.

got this after scan:
Virus "W32/MyDoom-A" detected in MAcHD:Users:Shared:Infected:tfsmlad.scr
Access to the infected denied.

Also had 4 other files that got moved to an 'infected folder' which I trashed.
MyDoom is an old Windows virus, and in your case it's infected a windows screensaver file (.scr). I think it's unlikely it was pushed to your Mac (you are on a mac, right?) by anything that happened here.

Anything else I need to do?

Haven't ever scanned before today.

See now this is what i'm afraid of - people who've been... shall we say "somewhat relaxed" about their antivirus precautions doing a scan today and finding stuff that's been hanging around for ages.

Oddly enough, I only noticed any issue on Chromium in linux. I was first prompted to install java when I went to the form and did so, thinking you'd started using some new fun shit. Looked around and couldn't find it. Straight away I couldn't get to the forum - the page would load and then straight away redirect to www.google.ie. I decided that it was my dev build of chromium that was acting the ballix and decided not to mail you after a bit of consideration..... I'll do it next time ;)

My computer is bollixed. Nothing will open. Avg can't do anything apparently cos the infected files are critical system files. What do I do?

It was always safe to click on ads. The problem was some completely separate code that was being appended to them was opening a 1x1 pixel iframe and the page that loaded in there was running exploit testing code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back