Ads are wrecking my head (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
whats with the ads? They seem to load up in a staggered fashion and when they do they reset the page to the top. And thats head wrecking when you're scrolling through the horn thread.

Also, why is lance armstrong in all the ads google chose for me? Am I that predictable?

If I stay logged in will the ads go away? How does one stay logged in these day? The auto logout seems really short these times (minutes rather than days).

some ads are coming from an external ad server so don't have the benefit of loading from my super fast server

also it might not be the ads - you're a paid up subscriber so try turning them off

some ads are coming from an external ad server so don't have the benefit of loading from my super fast server

also it might not be the ads - you're a paid up subscriber so try turning them off

Its deffo the ads. That external server is really slow alright. Will try turning them off and see if that improves things.

most of my time on thumped is spent not logged in though (I only login to post). Like I said, the stay logged in thing doesn't really work for me (on firefox).

cheers

spoken like a man getting value for money

In other ad related news, there seems to be a problem with an IP being referenced by the ad server that at one time was associated with malware distribution. According to google it's not actually distributing dodgy stuff now, but it's still throwing an alert all the same

http://safebrowsing.clients.google....94.8.250.218/ml/&client=googlechrome&hl=en-US

It's being investigated.

Weird homepage thing

Everytime I've gone on thumped on Firefox today its started jumping to my homepage as if someone was hitting the shortcut for the homepage down over and over again. Very strange. Even if I hit back on the browser until i got back to the thumped page it would do it again. Anyone else having this?

Doing this post on safari and its leaping to the bottom of the page each time i open a new page. is there something going on?

Re: Weird homepage thing

it's the ads. it looks like the last ad to load grabs focus on the page. i'll check it out tomorrow.

it's the ads. it looks like the last ad to load grabs focus on the page. i'll check it out tomorrow.

happening to me on firefox as well. It seems to be calling java 6 from a remote server, or pushing an update that cant be found.

On IE I get java splash screen and then IE crashes. Same was happening on firefox, but now it just redirects to homepage. ..... good luck!

ok that's serious.

The IE problem could just be because I am work, perhaps whatever is being done with Java 6 is being blocked by the proxy

Chrome works fine if thats any use, also at home no problems with Safari and Firefox on Mac or Firefox on laptop.

when you say redirect, what do you mean exactly? sorry but i'm trying to track the problem down.

when you say redirect, what do you mean exactly? sorry but i'm trying to track the problem down.

No worries, after thumped page loads it is redirecting back to whatever my homepage is set to. Sometimes this happens immediately, others after a few seconds.

Even if I am on another site, say bbc, it will still go back to my homepage. Testing it there and it is not happening now. I will let you know if it happens again.

ok can you try clearing your firefox cache & see if it still happens?

There was a trojan attack from Thumped last time I accessed the bulletin board today. My virus software went nuts and then blocked the site. Im pretty sure it was one of those ads

yeah that's what i'm trying to figure out... one possible culprit has already been disabled.

i'm just a bit concerned for people that don't have up to date patches / AV software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back