Acts touring that don't come here (1 Viewer)

yeah while we are on this topic..I see Why? have a european tour, yet no Irish date. which i found strange considering the last few gigs of theirs ive been to in Dublin.

someone has really dropped the ball here i reckon

They're touring with High Places and seem to be playing on all their European dates except the Dublin one on the 5th of May.

Surely Foggy can tell us what the story is with that?

I've given up the ghost on ever seeing The New Year/ Bedhead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd like to see them too. Didn't know they hadn't played here. Not that I've thought about it really.

I'd like to see them too. Didn't know they hadn't played here. Not that I've thought about it really.

I saw The New Year in London in November 2008. They played just a handful of dates around Europe if I remember correctly what with Matt Kadane being a History lecturer and not having that much free time.

Jealous face emoticon!

yep, that tour was only about ten dates

(...one of which i saw. which was great.)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Luther Blissett
I saw The New Year in London in November 2008. They played just a handful of dates around Europe if I remember correctly what with Matt Kadane being a History lecturer and not having that much free time.

This thread blows my mind. It would make some sense to talk about bands who never come over, but both Wilco and Newsom have played here recently, and Why? has been here a zillion times during last couple of years. What a retarded thing to be upset about.

this is ridiculous. We're becoming the forgotten land. Just had a look through pitchforks list of bands touring and their respective tour dates. We're really getting a raw deal with the lack of decent gigs on here this year. Loads of great bands touring. Loads coming to Europe. Almost none playing Ireland (and even less when you take festivals out of the equation).

Is this because ForeverPresents are gone?

What band(s) are you talking about dude? I think Ireland does pretty well in terms of getting touring bands in. Maybe not in terms of the first trip to Europe if it's a North American one but we usually get a look in on the second pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back