Acts touring that don't come here (1 Viewer)

So anyway Joanna Newsome, would people go see her if she played here?

newsom owes ireland a gig, folk harp being her main instrument and so forth. the harp she had on the ys tour was worth 22,000 or something though, i wouldn't fancy shipping that across the irish sea.

i remember reading that it's too expensive to ship a harp everywhere so she justs rents the best one she can get wherever she plays

I thought I remembered Ernesto and co gushing over the here being in Dublin. Anyways back on topic, dunno why acts play Belfast and not Dublin but the whole island is generally skipped due to the huge cost of ferries into this country and also short that an island of this size don't warrant being part of.

Also I'd imagine it's half and half between agents contacting promoters here and promoters here having to chase agents to get bands over here. That's roughly my experience with punk/hardcore anyway.

still gushing mate :)

So anyway Joanna Newsome, would people go see her if she played here?

no.
never. i think she's awful.

awfully great. Ha!

Up until 2006 Weezer had never played Ireland then played Vicar Street and The Point within about 6 months of each other. It pissed me off as i never got to see them touring the albums that I liked and I don't think they have an Irish date on thier current tour.

My Da actually holds a grudge against alot of 70s bands / musicians that never bothered coming here here back in the day. must ask him who again

mine too actually, 60's bands also. Refuses to go see any of them if they play here now

alot of 60's and 70's bands wouldn't play due to huge fear of kidnap by the gentlemen with woolly faces,and the sky high insurance cost as a result

fuck you gerry adams you Hendrix hating cunt!!!

yeah while we are on this topic..I see Why? have a european tour, yet no Irish date. which i found strange considering the last few gigs of theirs ive been to in Dublin.

someone has really dropped the ball here i reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back