Acts touring that don't come here (3 Viewers)

We do get a good run of bands. Bonnie Prince Billy is doing a 5 day tour of Ireland next week. Foggy Notions and U:Mack seem to bring over every band I like.

What band(s) are you talking about dude? I think Ireland does pretty well in terms of getting touring bands in. Maybe not in terms of the first trip to Europe if it's a North American one but we usually get a look in on the second pass.

take a look http://pitchfork.com/news/tours/

its just a general point. I checked a good few bands that I like and almost none have any Ireland dates listed. But;

- yes you're right, we do normally do ok. I just get a sense that of late things are a lot slower and am wondering if ForeverPresents have left a huge void (I don't mean that in any way to be a slight on FN or UM, both of whom put on plenty of excellent gigs)

- Most of the bands I'm talking about I have seen before.

So yes, maybe I need to shut up. Joanna Newsom is coming and thats all that matters

I think by and large most of the big acts play Ireland. I remeber Madonna was until recently hadn't played here until she got the gig in Slane. She flew over on private jet went through the motions and put in a terrible performance and then fucked back to England without even checking out the leprechaun museum, the bitch.

I think by and large most of the big acts play Ireland. I remeber Madonna was until recently hadn't played here until she got the gig in Slane. She flew over on private jet went through the motions and put in a terrible performance and then fucked back to England without even checking out the leprechaun museum, the bitch.

who said anything about big acts?

like Comcormacolash says, its bands that only 11 people and see that we're on about.

at least So Cow is playing here. Well Galway, but as someone pointed out to me once, Galway is here (they actually said belfast but the same goes for Galway)

Belle and Sebastian John, Belle and Sebastian.

What say you to a triple bill of B+S. The Vaselines, and The Pastels?

Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Pastels are deadly, considering the dude totally can't sing. God knows how he does in a live setting. Love the last minute or so of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3sE_rTLmnQ

The girlfriend will be delighted. I've seen them a couple of times. They're great live. You should go John.

My birthday is in December, you can buy me a ticket as a birthday present.

Cheers Scutter, you're a good friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back