A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

The last U2 album I bought was pop. Which was 26 years ago. FFS.
I know I'm supposed to hate them..... but I don't. Even if Henry Rollins says I should.

This data object is set within a seascape based on photographs taken by activist and artist Uili Lousi of his heating ancestral ocean near Tonga. Gerrard’s new work represents an ecology in hyper distress and a world faced with the existential threat of rising seas.

I spotted John Gerrard was involved in the AV show (well i spotted the general image he does).

Anywhooo it's 100% the most Bono thing to do to use an image meant to portray ecological stress in the most ecologogically stressfull venue ever imagined.

Rollins has been a Bono-esque figure in punk / DIY music circles for decades.
The lunkhead is not taken seriously and is often mocked.

I accept your bona fides there, but people not liking someone is hardly a great indicator one way or another

People resent successful people for any number of reasons
I’d invite them both to dinner and probably enjoy the evening.
I'd be careful about Bono getting going about Jesus, you'd want to run interference at the first mention

I accept your bona fides there, but people not liking someone is hardly a great indicator one way or another

People resent successful people for any number of reasons

I'd be careful about Bono getting going about Jesus, you'd want to run interference at the first mention

Just tell
Him it's dinner, not (the last) supper

I've no problem with Henry Rollins either.
But....I think musically its 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration.
He doesn't claim to be Mozart in fairness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back