A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Yuppers
Anyone that has forged a creative life out of whole cloth would be interesting to talk to .

They don't talk about mortgages or jobs or commuting or whatever.
Not that these things aren't important, but they have a whole different perspective.
Once found myself having drinks with Don Baker, RTE's John Kelly, actor Philip O'Sullivan and Chamber Orchestra (and ex-Engine Alley) violinist Kenneth Rice. Surreal situation but the conversation was quite mundane. I need to go a few rungs up the ladder.

The one related on the Graham Norton show starts 5 minutes into this video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rollins has been a Bono-esque figure in punk / DIY music circles for decades.
The lunkhead is not taken seriously and is often mocked.
A mate was DJing at a venue where Rollins was playing, somewhere in America, sometime in the '90s. Rollins came into the booth and changed whatever music my mate was playing. My mate changed it back and Rollins got all aggressive; threatening to take him out to the car park to kick his ass saying that it was HIS gig so he gets to choose the music etc.

maybe time to bring up this again.
1984 Black Flag interview which quickly degenerates into Rollins bullying the high school kid interviewer.
is Bill Stevenson the guy in the background after Greg and Kira split?

the end is cut off. this is absolutely appalling.

Rollins' take on this interview:

now unfortunately I am going to get loads of Rollins suggestions in my youtube feed after this.

as far as the regular talking heads in documentaries go, I like listening to Dave Grohl, Steve Albini, Thurston Moore and Ian MacKaye, even if they are heavily overused. Rollins is the only one of those who has very little of worth to say.
EDIT: fixed several typos - as usual for me.

A mate was DJing at a venue where Rollins was playing, somewhere in America, sometime in the '90s. Rollins came into the booth and changed whatever music my mate was playing. My mate changed it back and Rollins got all aggressive; threatening to take him out to the car park to kick his ass saying that it was HIS gig so he gets to choose the music etc.

Was your mate playing The Corrs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back