A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Zooropa did bring the whole LED video wall thing into the real world, which is a pretty big part of my job nowadays. And that is why that sphere makes me feel sick. Looks like a mare.

Quite futuristic at the time. The Premier League didn't get LED advertising until about 2006.

Thanks U2 I guess.

Remember when the lights coming on here was like, a breathtaking event.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I loved them in the 80s
Probably became aware of them after War and then on through Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Rattle & Hum
I couldn't get enough of them. Listened to Boy endlessly. Blood Red Sky also.
Was at the premiere of Rattle & Hum and they did some show on O'Connell St
Then I fell out of love with them. Music changed in the 90s and I didn't care about guitars as much.
By the time Achtung Baby came out, I was already done with them.
I only know the singles after that.

Similar with Metallica. I know everything intimately up to Justice... and then nothing. Couldn't tell you what's on the Black album even.

tl;dr I am old

I loved them in the 80s
Probably became aware of them after War and then on through Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Rattle & Hum
I couldn't get enough of them. Listened to Boy endlessly. Blood Red Sky also.
Was at the premiere of Rattle & Hum and they did some show on O'Connell St
Then I fell out of love with them. Music changed in the 90s and I didn't care about guitars as much.
By the time Achtung Baby came out, I was already done with them.
I only know the singles after that.

Similar with Metallica. I know everything intimately up to Justice... and then nothing. Couldn't tell you what's on the Black album even.

tl;dr I am old
I was at the making of the video for Gloria

I WIN!

For the sphere, all I can think about are the file sizes!

Pure assumptions but I'm guessing it's a custom software build? I'd not thought I'd sizes but it's gotta have it's own cooling plant in there somewhere tooo. I guess I'm the realm of the 3d projection on a building type programs

Pure assumptions but I'm guessing it's a custom software build? I'd not thought I'd sizes but it's gotta have it's own cooling plant in there somewhere tooo. I guess I'm the realm of the 3d projection on a building type programs

Probably, but that makes it more horrible work wise. I wouldn't be allowed near a computer myself, but I'd be fairly sure the operators are winging it, and the technicians (me) are just hoping. When it fails, it'll fail bad. And the kids on the computer won't know how the software works.

But maybe the Americans are better at this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back