a thread about the other thread. (1 Viewer)

Lisa Marie (She does have a surname, but I can't remember it) is a performance artist who did a performance the other night at the gig mentioned above. It consisted of her scratching at a violin and singing, almost naked, in a glass and wood column with long tresses of hair hanging over her head and bits of lungs and hearts suspended in there too. She was accompanied by a minidisc of ambient noises. It was really good. I think she's doing the same piece in the gallery this evening.
I got to see Skanger in Lazybird, I think they played the same night as Count Tornado, and while the band weren't amazing, she had a lot of confidence and presence, and I reckon the band will be a lot better next time.

is she hot?

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Lisa Marie (She does have a surname, but I can't remember it) is a performance artist who did a performance the other night at the gig mentioned above. It consisted of her scratching at a violin and singing, almost naked, in a glass and wood column with long tresses of hair hanging over her head and bits of lungs and hearts suspended in there too. She was accompanied by a minidisc of ambient noises. It was really good. I think she's doing the same piece in the gallery this evening.
I got to see Skanger in Lazybird, I think they played the same night as Count Tornado, and while the band weren't amazing, she had a lot of confidence and presence, and I reckon the band will be a lot better next time.

scratching at a violin and singing, almost naked, in a glass and wood column with long tresses of hair hanging over her head and bits of lungs and hearts suspended in there too. She was accompanied by a minidisc of ambient noises. It was really good.

Wait a sec dude.
Did you say 'really good'?

Originally posted by egg_
Wait a sec dude.
Did you say 'really good'?

ah here here here egg

i think you actually would have liked it.

i preferred the first part of it myself though, drones and mad ambient noise. wicked.

fair fucks to her.

Yeah, I did say really good. It was brilliant. No fucking around, no attempt made to be part of anything, none of the affectations which plague most music that you get to hear these days. It was just about a visual image and a sound, and while I don't think it was 100% successful, I really enjoyed it and applaud wholehartedly her honesty and effort. More people should have that level of caring about what they do and that ability to ignore the irrelevant.

Originally posted by herv
i think you actually would have liked it.

Really? Wow, well maybe you're right, sometimes I'm surprised by the effect things have on me ... very often though I find 'out there' stuff takes itself too seriously for me to dig it

Edit: actually, maybe it's not the 'too serious' thing that puts me off, it's more that ... I dunno, the idea of watching someone in a glass tube/butcher's shop playing the fiddle badly while in the nip - I think I'd rather be at home playing swingball or something,y'know. I'll reserve judgment until I see her I guess

Re: Re: a thread about the other thread.

Originally posted by peaches
what possible doubts of continuing thumped?

I can't help with the question, but I have one for you: Where does your signature come from? It reminds me of Dorothy Parker or someone like that.

And also: I hope this "Thumped - will it continue or willn't it continue" stuff is just to get a rise out of people. Thumped is deadly.
B

Originally posted by egg_

Edit: actually, maybe it's not the 'too serious' thing that puts me off, it's more that ... I dunno, the idea of watching someone in a glass tube/butcher's shop playing the fiddle badly while in the nip - I think I'd rather be at home playing swingball or something,y'know. I'll reserve judgment until I see her I guess

the thing is that although it may have appeared serious on stage, i get the impression that shes by no means a pretentious person. i spoke to one friend of mine whos seen a lot of performance art in the past and he said that hes seen an awful lot worse than that. i think a lot of people find performance art very impenetrable as far as meaning is concerned, and this piece did seem occassionally a bit difficult, but i spent much of the evening remembering things from the setup and going "thats what that meant", or, "i wonder could that mean..."
thats what i like about this stuff, its so open-ended. i was obsessed with critical theory at college and the art of pulling things apart. i love stuff that gets me thinking. to be honest its been the one thing from the entire event that has stayed in my head all week.

Re: Re: Re: a thread about the other thread.

I can't help with the question, but I have one for you: Where does your signature come from? It reminds me of Dorothy Parker or someone like that.

The Dodd Couple. That's a typo, but I think it looks better that way so it stays.

Re: Re: Re: a thread about the other thread.

Where does your signature come from? It reminds me of Dorothy Parker or someone like that.
B
amazing film starring walter matthau (speaker of quote) and jack lemmon called The Odd Couple. from 1966 or thereabouts.

And also: I hope this "Thumped - will it continue or willn't it continue" stuff is just to get a rise out of people. Thumped is deadly.
B [/B]
me too. :cool:

Originally posted by kstop
The Dodd Couple. That's a typo, but I think it looks better that way so it stays.

Ah...that Felix.
Cool, thanks.
Yeah, it is a brilliant film, although I can't remember that bit. I can however picture Walter Matthau saying those words!

Herv: Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back