a new band (1 Viewer)

blaise_p

Website
www.mp3.com
Ok I know when people read this they are going to look over and see I just registered today and think that am I am just spamming this crap on as many sites as possible but I'm not.

Everybody on this board seems to have good taste and I just wanted to see what you thought of this.

All the songs were recorded over the last couple of months on a little tascam porta 2 recorder so the sound quality is slightly better than dictaphone.

We have now been practicing on and off for the last couple of months and are going to start looking for gigs. Then again if everybody thinks it is derivative rubbish I might have to go out buy a pair of boots and become a professional figure skater.

Apologies in advance for embarrassingly bad picture and writing.

http://www.mp3.com/thepascals - the pascals

Thanks for reading this and I hope you like the music.

Dave

if you ever, EVER write on this board again, i'll find and kill you. my god, some peopl have no shame.

I don't see why I should be in any way shamed. All I'm doing is posting a link to music that I think people on this board might like - lo fi indie rock type affair, I know it sounds generic and bad. If you don't want to listen to it you can just let the thread slip to the bottom and disappear and you will never have to worry your little head about it again.

I'm not gaining anything by people listening to it I just wanted to see what people here thought of it as thats the type of music people here seemed to talk about and like eg. dudley corporation estel etc.

Now I'm not saying we are anywhere near as these guys but I thought it might be somewhere a new irish band could get some support.

I guess I was wrong and please don't kill me.

see hag, see? hum? it's starts out as a laugh, doesn't. but you pushed it too far again. YERMA! Hag, YERMA!

let that be a lesson to you all.

ps your band is shite.

you gimps. couldn't hold yer tongues. what the hell was he going to reply to 'is it any good'? idiots surrounded by frogs.

and grey. my band isn't shit, it's the best in the universe. full stop. no better band. bestest band ever said me ma .... oh, but hector was standing up and down on his tip-toes behind her when she said that ... maybe she meant the jimmy cake.... now i know how vin feels, it's lonely in here....

i din't mean your band you bag of chimp testicles. christ, you done it again. MAtron!

"I know it sounds generic and bad."

this is the beta band approach to promoting things, isn't it? ;)

my opinion is that you shouldn't ask this board for an opinion... you'll only get weird in jokes and off-the-point meanderings... but then you should know that if you've looked at much of the stuff here...

perhaps one idea, rather than inflating egos here by asking for opinions, would be to ask pete (he who does run the site and lives at [email protected]) to put your tracks up on the music page of thumped... all you gots to do is be independent and related in some way to ireland...

ooh, look, 50 posts! now i'm special!

[1][sub]hector plays bass in le cake james[/sub][/1]

when the dead kennedy's started out in San farancisco in the late decade of the late seventies, jello biafra wanted to the call the band public enema. but he couldn't, because there was some other bay area band called public enema. yet more proff of punk reappropriating.

so in conclusion. fuck you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back