A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures (1 Viewer)

the guy basically makes himself out to be a talentless wanker and hopes the audience will sympathise or find it amusing.
in fact, he comes across as a talentless wanker. worse than spurlock.

what a hero.

I remember reading in some Sunday supplement about a woman who tried a similar project (but spared the world by not making a film about it.) She too hoped it would be a positive experience and that it might help her in future relationships. My favourite response was from the guy who described her as being 'a big bag of need.'

She abandoned the idea fairly soon afterwards.

i read somewhere that this is a work of fiction and everyone in it is acting. either way the guy looks like a complete prick. "fuck off prick", is what i'd say to him if he knocked on my door. then i'd kick him in the goolies.

what a hero.

I remember reading in some Sunday supplement about a woman who tried a similar project (but spared the world by not making a film about it.) She too hoped it would be a positive experience and that it might help her in future relationships. My favourite response was from the guy who described her as being 'a big bag of need.'

She abandoned the idea fairly soon afterwards.

Awesome. I am so going to use that term.

Kermode dissed this on Culture Show last night. Said he found it unoriginal (he mentioned High Fidelity too) and idiotic.
He made the interesting point that he felt that this isn't some first person narrative confessional, but that the guy appears to be playing a "character" and therefore Kermode says he distrusted everything in it.
Some of it sounds pretty icky and uncomfortable though.

He's no Johnny Vaughn I tells ya... His weekly reviews in the People are a dense journey into the very soul of the film, full of insight into the many layers of modern cinema.

Just because he rates the films with rashers (yes rashers) with 1 rasher being 'pig awful' and 5 being 'prize pig' doesnt make the content any less relevant. Kermode take note...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back