6 bombs go off in London (1 Viewer)

Ha, that´s clearly not what I was saying.

"the only revolution there´s going to be is what you create in your own life and for the people around you by creating alternatives to normal shitty lives"

"...creating autonomous living, eating, working, etc solutions, such as that going on in the DIY punk scene, squatting, housing collectives, permaculture and so on. Basically providing places for you and other people who care about how fucked everything is to exist and survive and for others to seek out when they get pissed off with "the system"."

This apparently = "everyone for themselves".

Yeeees...

I believed in large-scale social change when I was younger, but basically ended up extremely depressed wlaking around hating everyone going "fuck all of youse, yis don´t give a shit about anyone except yourselves". I still feel the same about social issues, the difference being that I now think that the social forces that keep things going the way they are cannot be changed by protest, vote, or boycott. They can only be changed by a global epdemic of disease or possibly nuclear warfare. Humans are scumbags who will fuck each other over for the remainder of history for the crumbs of the rich, this won´t ever change. We will wipe ourselves out and hopefully the no-human animals will remain. If not, evolution will perhaps start over at the beginning and things might go differently, or else the whole hilarious charade will repeat itself indefinitely.

This does not mean I will not oppose the bastards who hold us down and are responsible for this state of affairs, I´ll still fight them tooth and nail. But I don´t expect any change. What I would rather do is focus my energy on providing real lives for as many people as possible, those who ave woken up and similarly oppose this system. Basically I just think people should treat others as they wish to be treated themselves, and even if I think all humans are shit, I´m still going to be as kind as I can to them.

Right, I've discovered the perfect solution for all of our problems and I'm going to share it with you now.

If everyone gets fired from their jobs and signs on for six months they'll be entitled to participate in the VTOS back to education scheme. They may then apply to Inchicore College, Dublin 8, for a place on the 2 year HND course in Care Practice and Social Studies. Then let two years pass and, just like magic, you have a nation of socially conscious, professionally trained carers.

Thank you.

São Paulo Punk said:
Right, I've discovered the perfect solution for all of our problems and I'm going to share it with you now.

If everyone gets fired from their jobs and signs on for six months they'll be entitled to participate in the VTOS back to education scheme. They may then apply to Inchicore College, Dublin 8, for a place on the 2 year HND course in Care Practice and Social Studies. Then let two years pass and, just like magic, you have a nation of socially conscious, professionally trained carers.

Thank you.

thats a pretty good scheme....a little to good !ninjaaaa
But with me without a leaving cert that would be a good one to look into, i never realised I could have involvement in any kind of social care without it.

spuded said:
nah bosser yer best off doing the two years in ballyfermot, its nicer than the auld inchicore and it's where i went to college so it is fuckin deadly:p

Fuck that shit-the course in Inchicore is way better!I should know coz that's where i went

Casual worker I be since 2001 and collect €122
On dole without a break since '82 tbh tbh
Off to praccy my "Fuck the government" slogans now...............

A few nailbombs went off today in London.
The tubes have all been evacuated and there are rumours of a bus exploding in Hackney.
So far theres no real news about it just like the last time so it must've just happened. They said theres no deaths reported but a girl in my FAS course just left after hearing her uncle died in one of them.

thought id mention just incase anyone has family over there.

yeah just spotted that when i came online, weird, and to think no shit like that has happened while im in he states, i didnt hear that they were nailbombs, hmm nailbomb that reminds me of ''''twenty four hour bullshit' havent heard that in a while:p

Cormcolash said:
Inchicore rules because of the Black Pearl of Inchicore, ooh aah!

no boss ballyer rules, go to ballyfermot at least they have that nice bar across from the college, chases i think it was called, i spent many a happy drunk afternoon there, ahh college i miss it:eek:

Can Ballyfermot do this?

92irevswi3.jpg

Well then.

thats a fair point, i've always been particularly proud that i share the same birthday as such a mighty man as paul mc grath, although if i hadn't been born three weeks premature i would have shared the same birthdate as shane mc gowan and mm jesus!:eek:

Chasers.Went there with my uncle a few times.
spuded said:
no boss ballyer rules, go to ballyfermot at least they have that nice bar across from the college, chases i think it was called, i spent many a happy drunk afternoon there, ahh college i miss it:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back