6 bombs go off in London (2 Viewers)

I have a micra,but if your good at the aul drawing you can do a few flowers on it,bring your mates its going to be fun.
trianglegrrrl said:
!
do you have a flower power van? cuz i'm not joining unless you have one.:p

oh shit said:
see, it's the willingness to make paranoid 'deductions' along strong ideological lines that makes me think i would never want to be part of the same revolution as someone like you.
Paranoid in what way?

I think he means paranoid to the extent that you think people involved in G8 or any largley successful capitalist could orchestrate such an event for their own gain.

Far be it from me to speak for someone else mind,

besides I heard Al Quaida claimed responsibility
starchy said:
Paranoid in what way?

starchy said:
Whoever istigated these attacks was a strong capitalist who would have lost cash had world debt been cancelled.
This kind of argument has more holes in it than a crusty's trousers. If all terrorist attacks are orchestrated by a small group of maniacal of old, grey men in suits, does that mean that islamic extremists are just sitting on their arse? Are all the people fighting American armies around the world secret businessmen? A 'strong capitalist' would realise that an attack on one of the largest cities in the world would cause shares and currencies to tumble. Who do you think blew up the trains in Madrid? It certainly wasn't the government who were ousted the following week, nor was it anyone with America's interests at heart - Spain pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Just because a group of people are dicks doesn't make them responsible for everything that's fucked in the world.

jaysus didnt hear anything about this anywhere today, but i guess america switched to an orange alert, so here i am! And to think i spent the day on alcatraz getting monged in the name of all the poor fuckers who went there.|..|

its kinda hard to find news about that over here also does that mean security up at the auld G8 is gone fuckin crazy...hmm don't think it be the best time to be there....anyway at least LUDICRA gonan kick ass.|..|:D

yep just back from LUDICRA, twas fuckin unreal, sofuckin unreal i cant type or alas that is the booze, so good to see a good black metal gig in a gay bar, sure as hell puts a halt to all that macho bullshit you get at alot of metal gigs (you remember cannibal corpse katie?)...

anyway apparrenlty HE WHO CORRUPTS are playing while im in chicago, yehaw.|..|

and yeah i took a shitload of photos

the strange guy said:
This kind of argument has more holes in it than a crusty's trousers. If all terrorist attacks are orchestrated by a small group of maniacal of old, grey men in suits, does that mean that islamic extremists are just sitting on their arse? Are all the people fighting American armies around the world secret businessmen? A 'strong capitalist' would realise that an attack on one of the largest cities in the world would cause shares and currencies to tumble. Who do you think blew up the trains in Madrid? It certainly wasn't the government who were ousted the following week, nor was it anyone with America's interests at heart - Spain pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Just because a group of people are dicks doesn't make them responsible for everything that's fucked in the world.

I didn't say they all were, I just said it's a bit more believable that it wasn't Al Quaeda. Just because the news says smething, doesn't make it true, in fact it's pretty much guaranteed to be a biased, opinionated view in favour of the west.
I figure it's someone who had a lot to lose from their own pocket if 3rd world aid increase went ahead. I'm not positive about that, it's just a theory. Either way, this whole thing is only happening because our society is so corrupt. If people weren't so interested in profits, this wouldn't have happened. For example, Bush invades Iraq, for oil for profits, Blair hops on because he sees the money potential.
To these people, human life is expendable, money isn't. That's why they NEED to be overthrown.
Nobody here can honestly say they are happy with how the world is run, nor can they say that they feel safe, and see a secure future.
If everyone who claimed to be unhappy with the world wasn't afraid to speak up, there'd be no stopping a revolution.
I know of course that sitting around here and complaining, without actually DOING anything about it, is as productive as pseudo-anarchists quarreling over little things and being elititst, rather than facing up against a common enemy (anyone who tries to have control over other people).

starchy said:
I didn't say they all were, I just said it's a bit more believable that it wasn't Al Quaeda.
According to your train of thought, Al Qaeda are a front for businessmen, so how could it not be them?

I figure it's someone who had a lot to lose from their own pocket if 3rd world aid increase went ahead. I'm not positive about that, it's just a theory.
I very much doubt that individuals would lose money from their own pocket if 3rd world debt was cancelled. The money was lent by governments and institutions, not a rich suit living on top of a hill who is now planning a wave of bombs in order to get their money back. Have you been watching too many Bond movies?
Either way, dropping the debt makes business sense. Countries like China and India were once the factories of the world, churning out cheap goods for western consumption. Now India is becoming one of the fastest growing knowledge economies and China is hurtling towards western style decadence. The west needs Africa and other places to replace these countries and it can't do it while everyone's starving. It's got nothing to do with compassion - it always is and always has been about business.

To these people, human life is expendable, money isn't. That's why they NEED to be overthrown.
The same could be said about drug dealers, but there's no shortage of punks and 'revolutionaries' smoking hash and dropping pills (myself included).

Sounds like anarchy for the sake of it.The worst kind.Takes ages to rinse out of trousers too.
starchy said:
I didn't say they all were, I just said it's a bit more believable that it wasn't Al Quaeda. Just because the news says smething, doesn't make it true, in fact it's pretty much guaranteed to be a biased, opinionated view in favour of the west.
I figure it's someone who had a lot to lose from their own pocket if 3rd world aid increase went ahead. I'm not positive about that, it's just a theory. Either way, this whole thing is only happening because our society is so corrupt. If people weren't so interested in profits, this wouldn't have happened. For example, Bush invades Iraq, for oil for profits, Blair hops on because he sees the money potential.
Nobody here can honestly say they are happy with how the world is run, nor can they say that they feel safe, and see a secure future.
If everyone who claimed to be unhappy with the world wasn't afraid to speak up, there'd be no stopping a revolution.
I know of course that sitting around here and complaining, without actually DOING anything about it, is as productive as pseudo-anarchists quarreling over little things and being elititst, rather than facing up against a common enemy (anyone who tries to have control over other people).

starchy said:

Just because people don't want to take part in some vague 'overthrow the man' project doesn't mean they are happy with the 'way the world is run'.

How do you propose that this 'revolution' be orchestrated? Seriously. How do you propose to destroy the 'control over other people' without, well, having control over other people? Or do we all have to be, like, one with each other? Did you know all the women will end up ovulating simultaneously?

How can I tell if someone is a capitalist, and what should I do when I see one?

has anyone met these guys on the streets (met em in berlin, seen em in philladelphia) who talk about the economic collapse of the world and think that these bombs in europe are western government orchestrated, ask you to buy their literature, and talk about some u.s presidential hopeful, la grainge or something like that?

I've read some books on the subject. By the end of my conspiracy binge I figured that there are so many problems with the argument that it all stopped making sense. Of course, after attacks there will always be businesses who profit and politicians who gain strength but if you think they're behind it, you might as well believe that London's window glazers set off the Canary Wharf bomb and that private doctors and funeral directors team up to shoot rich people. Imagination is still a beautiful thing, though.

There was lot's of free advertising for companies like o2. seen one of the victims on a stretcher wearing an arsenal tee. it's just like in chuck palahniuk's Diary...

Anarchism "for the sake of it" is better than capitalism for the sake of money.
The point I'm TRYING to make is that there's no way we have any postive, progressive future if we continue in our current mindframe. I haven't got all the answers, never claimed to, but I DO have a fuckload of questions, all bordering along the lines of "why?".

I'm not suggesting a forced society of anarchism upon anyone, because that would clearly be just as bad as any other oppressive "system" (for want of a better word...)
And as I've said before, arguments such as this one, going round and round in circles of self-righteousness and elitism, are pointless.

I don't know... You have to draw your own opinions. I was just airing mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back