6 bombs go off in London (2 Viewers)

KatieMutated

Website
Visit site
For those who dont already know 6 bombs went off at 8.49 this morning during rush hour in London. 3 on buses and the other 3 on the tube. The whole underground ahs been closed down. At first they said it was only 3 explosions and caused by an electrical surge, now cause of the buses they have reported it as a terrorist attack. Ive noticed also in the news articles up online they arnt reporting to many deaths, so far 2, but I just found out off a friend from over there that her Ma was on one of the trains (luckily shes fine) and she said there was bodys all over the tracks. (sorry if you have family or friends there and that upset you but thats the truth of it)

The Irish Embassy in London has said it will set up two helplines as soon as possible. In the meantime, the helpline for people calling from the Republic is 1800 242 548.

I feel sick.....

It's pretty messed up, London is not the best place for stuff like this as its quite packed. If you're trying to get hold of people by mobile then you might have a while as many of the networks are down so emergency services can use them. Also Brighton and Swindon Stations have been shut as they've found devices and Birmingham New Street too. Best places for updates are www.guardian.co.uk and indymedia's doing a bit too. Im not working a million miles away so will let you know updates if I get any (work for NHS so we get told a bit)

Don't feel sick Katiemutated...........if you invade a foreign country on lies and kill thosands of their peoples you gotta expect little apples to grow again.
The West are total hypocrites.]
110,000 Iraqi's killed and most civilians in the last 2 years.

Okay a revolution is necessary at this point. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. Arms, defence, and super-policing have gone back to top of the agenda, putting an end to any chance of poverty lifting in the near future.
Tony Blair, George Bush, and the other G8 leaders are looking like heroes now, and they also have an excuse not to end world debt. This is extremely convenient for the G8, a little too much if you ask me.
Whoever istigated these attacks was a strong capitalist who would have lost cash had world debt been cancelled.

Thus the end of capitalism is more necessary now than ever before.

starchy said:
Okay a revolution is necessary at this point. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. Arms, defence, and super-policing have gone back to top of the agenda, putting an end to any chance of poverty lifting in the near future.
Tony Blair, George Bush, and the other G8 leaders are looking like heroes now, and they also have an excuse not to end world debt. This is extremely convenient for the G8, a little too much if you ask me.
Whoever istigated these attacks was a strong capitalist who would have lost cash had world debt been cancelled.

Can I ask how you propose to 'end capitalism'? Is there a master fuse box or something?

How will this revolution work? Do I have time to get lunch? Will I need to make any significant wardrobe changes?

I didnt claim to have all the answers, I was just raising a valid point. People need to get off their asses (myself included), and take direct action. Protest on a mass scale, across the world. Show the bastards that we have had enough.

The first step is the realisation that we can't go on like this much longer. Then it's time for direct action.

I think more people would benefit from capitalism's fall than its continuation.

I'm not claiming that this revolution is ever going to happen. I'm just saying that is should, and must.

starchy said:
I didnt claim to have all the answers, I was just raising a valid point. People need to get off their asses (myself included), and take direct action. Protest on a mass scale, across the world. Show the bastards that we have had enough.

The first step is the realisation that we can't go on like this much longer. Then it's time for direct action.

I think more people would benefit from capitalism's fall than its continuation.

I'm not claiming that this revolution is ever going to happen. I'm just saying that is should, and must.
I'll be in the pub, give us a shout when it starts .|..|

JANER said:
Don't feel sick Katiemutated...........if you invade a foreign country on lies and kill thosands of their peoples you gotta expect little apples to grow again.
The West are total hypocrites.]
110,000 Iraqi's killed and most civilians in the last 2 years.
Oh I agree completely but that dosnt mean Im not gonna feel rattled by what happened especially because I have friends in London. I feel just as disgusted by the lives being lost in Iraq but I felt the need to post on this so people who have family and friends in London can try and call the helplines to see if they're alright.

starchy said:
This is extremely convenient for the G8, a little too much if you ask me.

Woah!do you really beleive that?

I had typed that up just after the first reports.

3 confirmed explosions but it just said on the news a few minutes ago about another couple that havnt been confirmed yet.

You can join my revolution if you want.Its deadly with a sixties rock soundtrack ;)
oh shit said:
see, it's the willingness to make paranoid 'deductions' along strong ideological lines that makes me think i would never want to be part of the same revolution as someone like you.

Hey you can bring what you want,my revolutionaries are sound and very openminded.Meet us at the spike on Sunday at eight and we can get to it.
oh shit said:
as long as i can bring some disco. and prince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back