11 people got 8 A1s (2 Viewers)

in the same way as those who don't sit their leaving cert become criminals, heroin addicts and end up in mountjoy?

i imagine people who get 8As work about 10% more than the average leaving cert student, but are 90% more interested in the subjects than the average student and have an aptitude for whatever subjects they're doing.

Nah.

They're better at learning facts maybe. Maybe they understand the stuff better, because they're smarter than average. There's loads of people who work hard and spend loads of time studying but don't have the retention and reproduction skills of these 11 kids. Working more does not equal working well.
As for having an aptitude in the subjects, hardly. They have an aptitude for efficient learning and reproduction of data. Any data. That's how they can get A1's in 8 unrelated subjects.

Not saying anything bad about the kids like.

and what age is that? I remember how many points I got and one or two of the subjects. Haven't a clue what I got for my junior/inter

seems to be getting lower every year. There's someone in my workplace who is younger than you and claims not to remember any of their results.

I sat mine in 1987 and 1989 and can still remember what I got in each subject. Probably means I'm a nerd or a prick :D

520 points

not sore at all thanks.

How did you do?

hang on...

you got 520 points and you think it's creepy when people get 600... with the driven and the working and the yah, yah, yah, but you didn't pull 520 out of your ass, obviously you put the hours in (and fair play like)

In my book anything over 350 = Dorksville

i know a guy who got seven A1s and two A2s. nice chap, good fun to talk to, not the lifeless tape recorder people assume such types are.

410 points but dont remember any of my results bar a D in honours french and an A in honours English.

Anyone on here get results? Roisin? Mackle? where are they? probably locked on grandpa's old cough medicine

hang on...

you got 520 points and you think it's creepy when people get 600... with the driven and the working and the yah, yah, yah, but you didn't pull 520 out of your ass, obviously you put the hours in (and fair play like)

I was pretty good at maths and science stuff - So I got As in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Maths and strangely enough Home Ecc, without a huge amount of effort.

I had fuck all interest in everything else.

If those young people chose to apply themselves then I say fair play to them... it could be sinister if they were being driven against their will by over-zealous/demanding or whatever parents, as happened to at least 2 people I did the Leaving with. One of them attempted suicide when the results came out because he felt he couldn't face his parents.

I remember not being at all bothered as long as I got the Hons. and points that I vaguely wanted - which I did. I had other things I wanted to do with my time and other books I wanted to read. Sometimes I wish I had challenged myself to do better than I did - but for the challenge, not the results.

I've a mate who's a student doctor and he says that most of his class were incapable of interacting with each other for most of first year

hang on...

Somebody got 345.

This was the first year since I finished college that I haven't woken up about a week before the leaving started stressing over the fact that I haven't studied.

Twins both get 600 points!

President congratulates Leaving Cert students
listen Wednesday, 15 August 2007 12:28

President Mary McAleese has congratulated the 54,000 Leaving Certificate students who are receiving their results today.

In a statement, the President said she hoped today brought the success they had hoped and worked hard for.

The results show a continuation of high failure rates in Maths by students sitting Ordinary Level examinations.
Advertisement

More than 11% of Ordinary Level candidates failed the Maths paper. This compares to rates of between 3% and 5% for corresponding papers in other basic subjects such as English or Irish.

There was also a higher than average failure rate in Science subjects: 17% failed Chemistry, 15% failed Biology and 10% failed Physics.

The employer's organisation IBEC said the poor results in these subjects had serious implications for the economy, while the Irish Guidance Counsellors group described the situation as a crisis.

Slightly fewer candidates sat this year's exams and their overall results broadly match those of previous years.

There has been a big increase in the number of students taking papers in their native languages, with 250 candidates sitting exams in subjects such as Lithuanian and Polish, compared to just 150 a year ago.

Nationally, 11 students achieved eight A1s in the Leaving Cert.

In Cork, there was double the happiness for the Murphy family in Bishopstown. 18-year-old twins Rob and Pete, both got 600 points or 6-A1s in their Leaving Certificate results.

They were pupils at Presentation Brothers College, on the Western Road in Cork.

Both will stay in Cork and study at UCC. Rob plans to take Mathematical Sciences, while Pete is going to studying Law.

The results are now available at schools around the country and can be accessed online and by phone.

COUPLE OF GUYS IN MY SCHOOL DID THIS KINDA SHIT. NICE DUDES BUT TOTALLY LAME.

I BELIEVE THEY WERE INVOLVED WITH THE IRELAND MATHS SQUAD FOR THE NERD OLYMPICS. FUCKIN' HELL... BUT IF IT FLOATS THEIR BOAT...

STILL...I MURDERED THE LOT OF THEM IN P.E. AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.

(FOR THE RECORD... 460)... SMART JOCKS FOREVER!!!

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

Found them, these are the schools with the 8 A1 ers. twins getting 600 npoints in Cork tho, that's amazing!

Presentation Secondary School, Tra Li, Co Chiarrai

Vocational School, Borrisokane, Co Tipperary

Christian Brothers College Sidney Hill, Cork City

Coachford Community College Coachford Co Cork

Salesian Secondary School Celbridge Naas Co Kildare

Coláiste Choilm Ballincollig Co. Cork

Castleknock Community College Carpenterstown Road Castleknock Dublin 15

Yeats College Yeats House Fr Griffin Road Galway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back