Walking/Trails... what have you? (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Okay, so does anyone know if there is a way to walk from Dun Laoghaire to Bray along the coast? Or at least semi along the coast without going too far inland? I want to be able to say I've walked from Howth to Greystone.

I've done Howth to Rathmines, Croke Park to Dun Laoghaire, and Bray to Greystone but am still missing Dun Laoghaire to Bray. Also, if you know of a good walks or trails can you please list them. I need some new sights. Thanks.

You can fairly much walk by the coast from Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey but you will have to go inland a bit unless you have a dinghy with you. It's not a "walk" though. Also Loreto Dalkey and the Convent extend down to the coast so that part is their property. You'd haveto walk the roads. If the tide is out then you can walk along the beaches, White Rock and Killiney Beach (some rocks dividing them), all the way down to Shankill . Not sure about Shankill to Bray as there's a golf course somewhere on the way....and it's not an area I spend too much time in if I can help it.

I think I'm going to ditch out of work in an hour or two and head to the Bray cliffs. Seriously, no one has any routes here or in Wicklow that make for good walks?

I think I'm going to ditch out of work in an hour or two and head to the Bray cliffs. Seriously, no one has any routes here or in Wicklow that make for good walks?

walk the wicklow way.

or some of it. Its 186km in length so you'd probably want to do it in stages.

get a WW map in town and see the trails. Theres tonnes of them.

Jaysis, what kind of job have you got??

It's called flexi-time and it's a beautiful thing. I have a bunch of time stored up now. As long as I'm here for the 'core hours' and have no meetings, etc... I can leave early as I see fit. What it lacks in pay it gains in time off. I actually alerted them to the typo on my contract (before I signed it) for holiday time. When they said, "That's not a mistake" I nearly fainted.

It's called flexi-time and it's a beautiful thing. I have a bunch of time stored up now. As long as I'm here for the 'core hours' and have no meetings, etc... I can leave early as I see fit. What it lacks in pay it gains in time off. I actually alerted them to the typo on my contract (before I signed it) for holiday time. When they said, "That's not a mistake" I nearly fainted.

I was on that too. Woulda had to be there till 4 though unless I was taking a half-day.
I rarely built up time, I was too work-shy. 10am Monday morning starts were a God-send, mind.

You can totally do that walk from Dun Laoghaire to Bray, I've done it before. It's not THAT nice, but it's fine. You can walk from Shankill to Bray along the beach for sure. Or along the roads but that's horrid.

The route is basically Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey along the coast(ish) then over Killiney hill, down the roads, which have a nice view, down on to the beach and all the way along the beach to bray. It'll take a while though. Good luck.

You can totally do that walk from Dun Laoghaire to Bray, I've done it before. It's not THAT nice, but it's fine. You can walk from Shankill to Bray along the beach for sure. Or along the roads but that's horrid.

The route is basically Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey along the coast(ish) then over Killiney hill, down the roads, which have a nice view, down on to the beach and all the way along the beach to bray. It'll take a while though. Good luck.

Thanks, someone just kindly sent me some maps too. I don't care how long it takes. I just like the idea of being able to say I've walked the length from Howth to Greystones. I did ditch out of work early today and walked from Greystone to Bray. Watched the sun set from the cliffs and rounded the Bray coast line all lit up. So gorgeous. I love this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back