Yeap, pretty.. pretty pleased with myself today. (1 Viewer)

Well, at least someone's having a good day.

*whimper*

Seriously, though, at least you feel a wee bit of remorse. I had a Male Superior once drive me to floods of tears and then stand over me all scary and creepy and go, "I'm glad to see you cry. Now don't tell anyone about our little meeting."

Once the tears dried, of course, I told everyone. Because that shit is fucking CREEPY.

Ah, how I wish I could give more detail over the internet. Now, I'm bitter and all that shit, but seriously, I could so easily be more bitter and more fucked up than I already am....I can tell you that in a twisted way, I'm rather grateful: there's almost no level of incredible bullshit that I can't stomach now, like some form of aversion therapy.

On the one hand, it's difficult for me to tell what's actually a 'normal' way for someone to be treated in the workplace, but on the other hand, I can let some of the most awful, unprofessional, malicious behaviour roll right off me. I like to think it will be the key to my future success.

ANYWAY, Avernus, I'm sure it will be okay. Not that you shouldn't take responsibility for making the poor lady cry, but I don't know any chick who hasn't been reduced to tears at work. I don't like to make big sweeping gender generalisations, but women and men do tend to deal with workplace stresses differently, and that's what sometimes happens.

why? how?

you big meanie :)

Oh to tell you would make it sound much worse than it was. Suffice to say, I was a jerk and she was already upset. I was just the one to kick her in the stomach when she was down.

Oh to tell you would make it sound much worse than it was. Suffice to say, I was a jerk and she was already upset. I was just the one to kick her in the stomach when she was down.

dare i say show her this thread?

anyway dont worry about it - you clearly seem to be showing remorse, have you spoken to her about it yet?

Seriously, though, if you admit to her you were being a jerk, then it'll be okay because the worst thing is feeling like you just burst into tears at work due to your own fundamental flaws, and nothign to do with the behaviour of others. When obviously it was a combination of just not realising how your behaviour affected hers when she was already upset, and, well, she already being upset. Nothing wrong with either of you, just some ill-planned words at an inopportune time.

She'll probably still be upset for a while, and she may stay mad at you for a wee while, but that's just part of what happens, and plus, there's the embarrassment of knowing that you cried at work. Eventually, it'll all be cool because when the tears dry, it will be a misunderstanding that everyone got over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back