Expensive Records (1 Viewer)

jackofficer

What's the most expensive record you own? It can either be one that you paid a shitload for, or one that you got for a pittance but has increased dramatically in value due to marketplace trends and fluctuations.

Also, if your record is worth more than 500 monetary units, please leave your address and hours your house or aprtment will be vacant.

jackofficer said:
What's the most expensive record you own? It can either be one that you paid a shitload for, or one that you got for a pittance but has increased dramatically in value due to marketplace trends and fluctuations.

Also, if your record is worth more than 500 monetary units, please leave your address and hours your house or aprtment will be vacant.
i had early one morning by mushroom, and tony in smile and i were looking through some record collector mag and it was listed as 400 quids brit. so i put it somewhere safe til i found a buyer. that was about 10 years ago. can't remember where i left it...

The most i've ever paid for an individual album was about 60 quid in irish money.
I have a fair bit of stuff that's worth considerably more than what i paid for it.
Most of my soundtracks are worth a lot more than i paid for em.

jackofficer said:

Once picked up an original copy of captain beefheart-safe as milk in a dingy old record shop in portlaoise. They were clearing out their old stock and it had never been sold. Not to many beefheart fans in portlousey back in the sixties. Think its worth 60-70yoyos. unfortunately theres red wine stains on the sleve, but I like to think its adds character

dudley said:
i had elephant by the white stripes on vinyl. got something like 70 britpounds for it

where was that?
i've got it too and i'm thinking of selling it

lorcanzo said:
jeez loweeez.
i'm on your team.
do i have to go and defend your honour or something?

right ok.

fine.

i'm going.

You are truly

knighttittlemain.jpg

:p

If you combine my whole collection it could be worth a bit!

The prized & pricey i have:
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Picture disc lp
Manic Street Preachers - Motown Junk 12"

don`t think the rest of what i have is worth much really.
I`ll find it soon enought as i`ll be selling a shit load!!

I did have a cd of a belgium band(Evil Superstars) which i never listened to - popped it on ebay and was shocked(and delighted) when i got 30 quid for it!

Rimbaud said:
If you combine my whole collection it could be worth a bit!

The prized & pricey i have:
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Picture disc lp
Manic Street Preachers - Motown Junk 12"

don`t think the rest of what i have is worth much really.
I`ll find it soon enought as i`ll be selling a shit load!!

I did have a cd of a belgium band(Evil Superstars) which i never listened to - popped it on ebay and was shocked(and delighted) when i got 30 quid for it!

i have some original manics cd singles from generation terrorists
dunno if they're worth anything though

I have the very first copy of Deadman's Flats "Man or Mango".
Once Northstation becomes big, it's going to be my pension.

jackofficer said:

I've never looked at what any of my collection's worth, but I have the "A Taste of DNA" EP and ESG's "Dance to the Beat of Moody" 12" single, both in reasonable condition. Those might be worth something. Or they might not.

The most I've ever paid for a single "unit of music", if you will, is $35 for the CD version of the "No New York" compilation, but that's 'cause it's only available as a Japanese import. (It certainly beat forking out several hundred bucks for the vinyl to replace my worn-out tape copy.)

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back