Fontaines DC (2 Viewers)

The guy can write a song

I can see how it's fun to kick, but the slagging is undermined by him being actually good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guy can write a song

I can see how it's fun to kick, but the slagging is undermined by him being actually good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's absolutely shite

I asked barman to play the latest hip tune. I wanted to hear it out of a proper soundsystem, rather than my headphones.

And yeah, without the video for context, and with good sound, it is a bit Kasabian. Both I and barman really want to like it, but we were nonplussed.

I asked barman to play the latest hip tune. I wanted to hear it out of a proper soundsystem, rather than my headphones.

And yeah, without the video for context, and with good sound, it is a bit Kasabian. Both I and barman really want to like it, but we were nonplussed.

Was this MC Paul Barman?

The only thing I'll say positive about Kasabian is around the time when they were making it big someone asked them what advice they had for up and coming musicians and one of the lads was like (massive paraphrase) "we're in an era now where you can put your music on the internet and anyone can hear it, do that, get out there and find your audience". It was simple but vaguely edifying. For years before that there was all the how to make it in the record industry mystique, the Steve Albini thing, and for the first time in history the barrier to and audience was lowered.
I mean it was lowered for everyone with means and there were a lot of people. But going from making a 4 track tape and playing it for my auntie in their Opel Astra to even my own not very popular music being enjoyed by people around the world, I really liked the cut of his jib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back