The Roaring Twenties (1 Viewer)

Wasn't as bad as I expected.
I thought it showed some promise from the writing side of things but was fucked up the arse by the terrible, hammy acting.

It's ok to be subtle when acting in a comedy.
You don't have to do pretend your in a Carry On film.

There was a couple of times when I thought
"if Ricky Gervais delivered that line in Extras, it would have been quite funny".

There wasn't a single plausible, likeble or even amusing character. They were just one dimensional sterotypes. Not only that but thanks to the narrator, the actors didn't even have to "act" out their characters. The narrator gave a brief description of the character which is all there is to the character anyway. The Oirishness pissed me off too. Friends meets D'Unbelievables trying to be Spaced. Bleh.

Yesss!! Gonna watch that right now.

Do you want to win not one, not two, not three but 12 DeLoreans!?

Pat to Ronan Collins 'Now, back to this nasty Patty Cake Patty Cake business. I mean, it's just a bit of fun but you better believe me though that, if it catches on, i'll be after you with a crow bar. G'wan fuck off.'

I did only watch about 5 minutes of it, so maybe I didn't let it really piss me off as much as it should.....

me and evil bandit used to work with the blonde wan. she was very cute and i suppose it's not her fault it was like watching a man shit on bread.

Sure, yeah. Most actors end up doing things they think are shit....buh wha bout evry1 else?

so bad.

- boring characters
- bad acting
- Irish accents make anything less funny
- no storyline
- I can't think of any good show where the events of the episode are told over a pint o' de black stuff.

It's obvious that the writers are influenced by good shit, but they just don't pull it off.

There wasn't a single plausible, likeble or even amusing character.

the landlord and the newspaper editor were spot on. I've met both of these in real life and have to say they had them to a tee. Especially the newspaper editor. The bloke I've met is the editor of one of them shitty free papers over the northside. He was the smarmiest, sleeziest, dishonest nob-head ever.

The writer/director guy is over on boards.ie telling critics to fuck off.

I feel kinda bad for the guy seeing his words there and all, up at 3.44am.

But this show right, it's a pilot. So....there's room for improvements, isn't that the point?
So I ask, is this show beyond redemption????

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back