Any 'never nudes' on thumped? (2 Viewers)

I find that if I pick up a trashy magazine, by the time I put it down, I feel poor, inadequate, criminally unstylish and disgustingly obese. And old as dirt. Despite how aware I am that the whole point is to scare me into buying shit, it still makes me feel bad about myself. I know that I'm probably unusually insecure about my body image, but I also like to think I'm unusually aware of how certain images are being used. Doesn't matter, the 'I'm so fat, OMG, how can I go out looking like such an old fat blob it's a wonder no one has tried to harpoon me and use my thighs to light a lamp' is bigger than everything sometimes.

But I also totally agree with La La. Even the changing rooms at the gym are sort of liberating. you realise that you're there with a load of chix who look after their bodies, but that looking after one's body doesn't necessarily mean aiming for airbrushed perfection.

In short:
pictures of perfect bodies=not good for my self-esteem

actual bodies of all shapes and sizes just doing stuff = definitely makes me feel better about myself because rather than compare myself with them, I just realise that my body is one of many, and that everyone is different and hooray for that.

I also try to remember that the pictures of women in the magazines, and the kinds of bodies generally hailed as 'perfect' are those of young women who are half our age. And that for most of the people whom I'd consider beautiful, it's actually because they own their own looks, regardless of how those looks compare to a 'pretty face' from a magazine.

Still, I pick up a women's mag and all of a sudden I'm too fat to be considered properly human.

the-beauty-myth-by-naomi-wolf1.jpg

Wearing a watch is like dragging around a ball and chain to me. I can't wear them. They depress me. Subsequently, I'm always late.

i havent worn a watch for years but im thinking of getting a new one so that i can leave my mobile phone at home - i want to stop carrying it around. only people who want something from me will be inconvenienced.

Like the IRA, but sexy

i wonder do the ira (or the army or the guards) ever train in the nude in case they are ever called upon to jump suddenly into action while they are in the bath or something. i'd imagine being a sniper in a ditch wouldnt be great

i wonder do the ira (or the army or the guards) ever train in the nude in case they are ever called upon to jump suddenly into action while they are in the bath or something. i'd imagine being a sniper in a ditch wouldnt be great

apparently the South African rugby team used to train in the nude. They were brought to some mountain where it was -30 degrees, made strip off, then were left there for a week or so. It was a toughening up, ball-shrivelling exercise. Great idea really

i havent worn a watch for years but im thinking of getting a new one so that i can leave my mobile phone at home - i want to stop carrying it around. only people who want something from me will be inconvenienced.

Hell, I never even look at my phone. Always in the bottom of my bag and on silent or vibrate. People end up getting really pissed off at me and I often miss out on a lot. I have been reconsidering this type of behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back