Queen Kong / Ladyfest Berlin Hassle (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to make you feel more comfortable by bringing back a little of the blazing confrontation.

Last time I ever do anything nice for anyone.

"And so shines a noble deed in a weary world"

W.Wonka

Vinnie, you signature makes out like pawns are not important but they can take a queen in chess. Did you know that? It's equality gone mad. Did you know that pawns were designed in the image of cartoon favourite Bod.

WOW I must say this report of it is quite a bit worse then what I heard previously and pretty darned unpleasant- I'm not sure what exactly that sort of level of micro policing of a scene - any scene is going to help move things forward.

I dunno - Berlin and its "scenes" seems to encourage an awful inward looking view sometimes

kp

WOW I must say this report of it is quite a bit worse then what I heard previously and pretty darned unpleasant- I'm not sure what exactly that sort of level of micro policing of a scene - any scene is going to help move things forward.

I dunno - Berlin and its "scenes" seems to encourage an awful inward looking view sometimes

kp

Yeah reading that report of it, has just reminded me of what this thread was originally about..and what happened at that gig was a bit much.

'However, things turned confrontational. One woman from the Ladyfest group demanded he wear duct tape as his bandmate was doing. But another woman said it would be cruel. The first woman confronted the guitarist and then jumped on-stage and unplugged the band. Some discussion followed at the side of the stage and then the band left. Some time later they played another song but by then the congenial atmosphere had been ruined.'

from the blog...

thats cause men would be all like "we're going to kick your ass" and girls would be all like "oh I'm just a poor girl and you're so big and burly" and we'd be all like "you're damn straight!" and you'd be all like "do you wanna smooch" and then we'd be all like "uh... yeah... sure..." and then like you'd all be like "actually we don't want to smooch, we've changed our minds but we're not going to tell you why" and we'd be all like "duh-wah-now!?!" and you'd be all like "why do you always have to go out with the boys, why don't you buy me flowers, why are you looking at that other girl" and we'd be all like "we give in, we give in, you've totally wrecked our heads" and you'd be all like "why is everything always about you? Why don't you buy me shoes?" and then we'd die...

Jesus christ. My entire relationship history in one paragraph.

Man, I feel fucking great.

Thanks Pantone.

kp

At the risk of resurrecting a dead horse, it's sad to read aobut that sort of conflict. I think the fact that it has been an issue at LF Berlin previously is also a bit telling --if people really feel strongly enough and there's enough of a consensus, if they don't want dudes getting topless, then maybe they could tell the bands beforehand? I don't think I'd like to see that kind of restrictive policy, but at least seeing as it's been an issue in the past, it shouldn't have taken them by surprise.

But it's funny -- the point that it's not okay for a dude to take his top off because it's not okay for women to do it begs the question: isn't LF a safe enough space that ladies can do it, too?Hasn't Beth Ditto been doing it for yonks, and pretty much for the same reason? I think, rather than asking men to cover up, it'd be a hell of a lot nicer if we lived in a world where people, male or female, could take their tops off without being automatically sexualised.

'However, things turned confrontational. One woman from the Ladyfest group demanded he wear duct tape as his bandmate was doing. But another woman said it would be cruel. The first woman confronted the guitarist and then jumped on-stage and unplugged the band. Some discussion followed at the side of the stage and then the band left. Some time later they played another song but by then the congenial atmosphere had been ruined.'

from the blog...

In fairness he did have a tatoo on his chest of a woman on all fours eating from a dog bowl.

At the risk of resurrecting a dead horse, it's sad to read aobut that sort of conflict. I think the fact that it has been an issue at LF Berlin previously is also a bit telling --if people really feel strongly enough and there's enough of a consensus, if they don't want dudes getting topless, then maybe they could tell the bands beforehand? I don't think I'd like to see that kind of restrictive policy, but at least seeing as it's been an issue in the past, it shouldn't have taken them by surprise.

But it's funny -- the point that it's not okay for a dude to take his top off because it's not okay for women to do it begs the question: isn't LF a safe enough space that ladies can do it, too?Hasn't Beth Ditto been doing it for yonks, and pretty much for the same reason? I think, rather than asking men to cover up, it'd be a hell of a lot nicer if we lived in a world where people, male or female, could take their tops off without being automatically sexualised.

'zackly

I appreciate that cormcolash. I'd have to say that encompasses my opinion of this discussion as well. Thanks for having the guts to say it.

It's certainly not worth my time trying to communicate with these people.

Reading this last night in it's entirety, my flatmate had this to say...

"these are the same kind of stupid statements I have heard feminists say in every argument about feminism."

To everyone else:

You may disagree with my views but there are independently minded people on this forum who do agree with me.

I think feminism is bullshit.

If you don't like it, and don't agree: I do not fucking care.

This is the only serious post I'll put on this thread and maybe the longest ever on this forum, so beware, its of Jane proportions...

Yes I'd say for the most part you have put across your text in more restained 'voice' then some of the others arguing against you, but I think the condradictions and the ignoring of anything else any one else is saying; and the general provocative language you use (of course saying Feminism is 'bullshit' rather then just saying "i don't really see the point of it as ..." etc etc ..neutral reason language); while still claiming to be above it all is a bit of a joke in fairness. You know where your going on a forum when you go down that route, don't act all hurt and confused now. Actually trying to put across a more intellectual then thou image while spending all this time posting on an internet forum is a bit of joke too, but we're all guilty of that a times.

I guess I'm not on seriously 100% agreement with the outlook with some of the pro-feminist posters here (I personally think the Ladyfest debacle was a joke, and perhaps the feminist case in the West is not really economic anymore, and for the anti- or even pro- camp to try reduce it to such is confounding...but hey what do i know I haven't looked into it too much), but I have a huge bone to pick with arrogant people who promote their world view as 100 % natural and objective while only dealing in half truth and biased opinions, ála Mary Ellen Synon (god I hate that women), while saying everyone else is biased or deluded. Like centre-right papers that present there view a fact and anything else a bit lefty as having bias. We all have bias based on our programming and what suits our agenda's...so nobody think they have objective truth. I just don't bother to get into serious debates with these people (including 'the pelve') when they start from a position of arrogance, because I know inevitably they are not here to 'communicate' they are here to broadcast. I would rather use satire to play with them, infuriate them and waste their time, which they again and again say they are not going to do on this topic. Also I won't fool myself into thinking an anonymous internet debate has any value. I don't nned that kind of ego boost.

Epilogue:

..the final point of showing this whole thread to your flatmate, who I'm guessing never had a particularly high opinion of feminists before, to spend time reading this awful thing so they can validate you view point (and you say again you don't care...) is the final hilarity and the true mark of an independent mind. ditto your praise for Cormoclash (a man who holds your viewpoint on this issue) for the bravery of being independent and agreeing with you!

bravo, a good laugh all round, and the best fun I've in a while on this forum

I'd give you rep but it'd be wasted on a fake profile.

This is the only serious post I'll put on this thread and maybe the longest ever on this forum, so beware, its of Jane proportions...

Yes I'd say for the most part you have put across your text in more restained 'voice' then some of the others arguing against you, but I think the condradictions and the ignoring of anything else any one else is saying; and the general provocative language you use (of course saying Feminism is 'bullshit' rather then just saying "i don't really see the point of it as ..." etc etc ..neutral reason language); while still claiming to be above it all is a bit of a joke in fairness. You know where your going on a forum when you go down that route, don't act all hurt and confused now. Actually trying to put across a more intellectual then thou image while spending all this time posting on an internet forum is a bit of joke too, but we're all guilty of that a times.

I guess I'm not on seriously 100% agreement with the outlook with some of the pro-feminist posters here (I personally think the Ladyfest debacle was a joke, and perhaps the feminist case in the West is not really economic anymore, and for the anti- or even pro- camp to try reduce it to such is confounding...but hey what do i know I haven't looked into it too much), but I have a huge bone to pick with arrogant people who promote their world view as 100 % natural and objective while only dealing in half truth and biased opinions, ála Mary Ellen Synon (god I hate that women), while saying everyone else is biased or deluded. Like centre-right papers that present there view a fact and anything else a bit lefty as having bias. We all have bias based on our programming and what suits our agenda's...so nobody think they have objective truth. I just don't bother to get into serious debates with these people (including 'the pelve') when they start from a position of arrogance, because I know inevitably they are not here to 'communicate' they are here to broadcast. I would rather use satire to play with them, infuriate them and waste their time, which they again and again say they are not going to do on this topic. Also I won't fool myself into thinking an anonymous internet debate has any value. I don't nned that kind of ego boost.

Epilogue:

..the final point of showing this whole thread to your flatmate, who I'm guessing never had a particularly high opinion of feminists before, to spend time reading this awful thing so they can validate you view point (and you say again you don't care...) is the final hilarity and the true mark of an independent mind. ditto your praise for Cormoclash (a man who holds your viewpoint on this issue) for the bravery of being independent and agreeing with you!

bravo, a good laugh all round, and the best fun I've in a while on this forum

I'd give you rep but it'd be wasted on a fake profile.

A Post with an epilogue! sorry just found that beyond funny

jane it'd be a hell of a lot nicer if we lived in a world where people, male or female, could take their tops off without being automatically sexualised.

Yeah I think you've put yer finger on it (oh er)
So difficult to ever see it happening - well in this world mind you one groups have blazed a trail in the states -

YO MAJESTY!

http://www.myspace.com/yomajesty4life

kp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back