Queen Kong / Ladyfest Berlin Hassle (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I never post here so hello. Firstly, I think Jane has probably the most reasonable views on this matter.

The 'tall people should stand at the back at gigs' strand of thought is a step too far for me. Seriously, that's not on. Whether tall or small, there is a big difference between standing at the back and standing at the front at a show. A lot of people enjoy being towards the front and as 'involved' as possible. If you're small, well make the most of your diminutive elusiveness and wriggle to the front. Or to the side, behind a fellow pocket dynamo. But don't get down on your statuesque brothers (and some sisters). Don't advocate some regimented class photo etiquette out of some skewed and selfish notion of fairness.

Aw, tanks.

Seriously, though, the class photo thing is a joke. And I think people should just be a bit more aware of their own physical space and that of others when at a gig. And in general. Sort of in the way that it's always nicer when people make room for you on a footpath.

I don't really like being at the front, and whether or not it's size-related, I'm a wee bit crowd-phobic, and no amount of special help for wee people is going to do anything about that (because it's not the crowd's problem that it is a crowd). It's hard to really put my finger on what I mean ebcause I've been at half-empty gigs where I've spent so much time getting elbowed in the head that it's been miserable, and at totally packed gigs where no matter how many people were squished in, it was still mad crazy fun.

I don' tthink anyone would seriously advocate tall people standing at the back, it's more just advocating acknowledgment of how nice it is when people make a conscious effort to be considerate with each other. Little stuff. Like when someone pushes aside at a crowded bar so you can stand there, too. Or when someone holds the door. Or whatever. I think it all contributes to a nice atmosphere, and most people in the regular world don't do it, but I think the music scene is a small enough community that we can do stuff like that and it will make a difference.

Didn't I tell you? I changed my topic. I'm now doing a thesis called:

"Gorillas Mot As Scare Now: The Aetiology of Madness on the Internerd, a Study of 30+-page Threads on a Dublin Internet Chatting Musical Message Web Site."
answer the question, waster! ;)

I think small people who go to lots of gigs are often pretty good at it because they've experienced it. Many a time I've had occasions where me and some equally small stranger have made room for each other so that everyone can share. And conversely, I know an extremely tall dude who says he tries to be conscious of not blocking people's view, and tall people who've made room in front of them for me to stand because they know there's no point in my standing behind them. I agree, there should be a 'class photo' approach to standing at gigs. But who'd be the one laying down at the front?

hey!

don't start making a scape goat out of us tall people, stumpy!

answer the question, waster! ;)

Of course not!

I'm not touching it until term starts again. I'm only allowed to work full-time outside of term-time, so I'm taking advantage because I'm so broke I'm starting to chew on the couch cushions. You wouldn't htink I was working full time right now because I have just spent two days writing the same book review and posting on Thumped. But apart from that, I am.

You want a real angry rant, just get me started on my experience of the Irish university system. !ninjaaaa Makes Thumped look like a congress of wizened and zen-like philosophers.

Of course not!

I'm not touching it until term starts again. I'm only allowed to work full-time outside of term-time, so I'm taking advantage because I'm so broke I'm starting to chew on the couch cushions. You wouldn't htink I was working full time right now because I have just spent two days writing the same book review and posting on Thumped. But apart from that, I am.

You want a real angry rant, just get me started on my experience of the Irish university system. !ninjaaaa Makes Thumped look like a congress of wizened and zen-like philosophers.
no that's ok thanks :)

Thin Lizzy is the most overrated band ever

No joke, but through all the vitriol, confounding arrogance and poorly reasoned arguments of this thread, this is the FIRST time I had the reaction "wow there, that is out of order, back up a bit!"

true story

(what would immigrants know anyway about real irish music...)
!ninjaaaa

No joke, but through all the vitriol, confounding arrogance and poorly reasoned arguments of this thread, this is the FIRST time I had the reaction "wow there, that is out of order, back up a bit!"

true story

(what would immigrants know anyway about real irish music...) !ninjaaaa

See? I knew it.

If it's any consolation, it really hurt to write that, even in jest. After I finished the sentence, I sat back and thought, "My god, did that come out of me?" I never knew I was capable of such horrific sentiments, let alone the expression of them.

I feel like I should go and lay a wreath at the feet of Philo.

i propse a fest war.

manfest vs ladyfest

ladies are odds on faves to win btw

thats cause men would be all like "we're going to kick your ass" and girls would be all like "oh I'm just a poor girl and you're so big and burly" and we'd be all like "you're damn straight!" and you'd be all like "do you wanna smooch" and then we'd be all like "uh... yeah... sure..." and then like you'd all be like "actually we don't want to smooch, we've changed our minds but we're not going to tell you why" and we'd be all like "duh-wah-now!?!" and you'd be all like "why do you always have to go out with the boys, why don't you buy me flowers, why are you looking at that other girl" and we'd be all like "we give in, we give in, you've totally wrecked our heads" and you'd be all like "why is everything always about you? Why don't you buy me shoes?" and then we'd die...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back