Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Playing guitar, nearly every day.

The past month or so I've tried to get into habit of playing for at least 5 minutes a day. Just getting myself into the routine of picking it up and doing something with it every day no matter how tired or busy I am.

Sometimes I genuinely only have 5 minutes and I run through some scales or I run through a song of mine slowly to see if there's any other chords I can throw in to make it sound a bit more interesting.

Sometimes the 5 minutes turns into an hour or more, but I don't notice that it's an hour.

I'm a pretty bad guitar player truth be told, but I've been working on some theory stuff recently and I think it's improved my playing. Part of me thinks I should spend a bit of time at the keyboard trying to be a better pianist than someone who can just bash out chords, but the guitar is the instrument I feel connected to, like it's part of me when I play it. It responds to me and I respond to it.

Nice one.

I'll never have chops like I did from around 20 to 26. Not that they were that spectacular then anyway. But I do find the older I get, the less stressed I am about being "good", which helps with the playing I reckon.

Nice one.

I'll never have chops like I did from around 20 to 26. Not that they were that spectacular then anyway. But I do find the older I get, the less stressed I am about being "good", which helps with the playing I reckon.

I've been watching a lot of Eric Haugan's (sp???) youtube channel in my quest to slightly improve. I really like his approach to helping people get better, "just try to learn a little bit" "play slowly when you practice."

When I'm in my parent's house some evenings my dad will often be playing in the living room when I arrive. He's 77 now. I think for me when I realised that playing guitar is a thing I'll probably do my whole life the sense of how far away I am from being good doesn't bother me much, I could have decades more with the instrument, and if I keep at it I'll probably get better. And even if I never get as good as I'd like that doesn't matter so long as I'm having fun with it.

I recently put one of my electric guitars in the sitting room on a stand (no amp). I find I'm picking it up a playing constantly now as opposed to occasionally when it was an acoustic.
This move has created loads riffs, maybe 4 or 5 songs at this point.

Road trip with the kid over the weekend. First time they were sitting in the front, singing along together to Trolls and Equestria Girls songs.

This lasted as a pleasure for about an hour.

I've love to be in an Equestria Girls covers band. I'd love to be good enough to be in that covers band.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

+1 on TMBG's kids music - it's brilliant, especially the 123s

Equestria Girls (or as we call it "standing-up my little ponies" or SUMLPs for short) is great

This is a total banger - 2010s Rhianna-esque vibes

this equestria girls thing is not something i've heard of before - from the above comments, a modernised take on my little pony?
my wife was handed a box of her my little ponies a few years ago, that her parents found in the attic. she uses them as christmas tree decorations now.

this equestria girls thing is not something i've heard of before - from the above comments, a modernised take on my little pony?
Yeah, they're based on the MLP characters, but they're human(-ish, they can also go through a portal to the pony universe iirc). Honestly some of the themes in it are very well done - all around sticking by your friends, and forgiving them when they lose the run of themselves

Is is a Steven Universe level cry fest?
I do get a bit emotional hoping that our girls end up with a friendship group like the SULMPs.

And the tunes. Really good.

Long ass day recording with The Middle Ages yesterday in a big rehearsal room in Slane. We turned up with all the gear and set everything up ourselves. Very satisfying and exhausting. Just a shame that there's a constant feeling of "this is taking too long" .

Long ass day recording with The Middle Ages yesterday in a big rehearsal room in Slane. We turned up with all the gear and set everything up ourselves. Very satisfying and exhausting. Just a shame that there's a constant feeling of "this is taking too long" .
Looking forward to hearing it. How many tunes did ye get through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back