Dublin Racist Riots (4 Viewers)

He lost and he'll never get over it.
I have zero understanding of his sporting career beyond hitting people for money, all I see is someone literally and figuratively punching down and getting away with it because he’s another rich cunt who doesn’t know how disconnected he is from reality.

I have zero understanding of his sporting career beyond hitting people for money, all I see is someone literally and figuratively punching down and getting away with it because he’s another rich cunt who doesn’t know how disconnected he is from reality.
Sporting career - he started well and got a bit lucky in featherweight division, and won it.
Then he moved to lightweight division, and won that handily enough.
Then Khabib, who is the best lightweight MMA fighter ever, came along and fuckin hammered him, just like he fuckin hammered everybody else in the division.

He was a good fighter, but never on the same level as Khabib - there's only a few MMA guys who ever get to that plane.

Khabib didn't just beat him, he fucked with his head the whole time he was doing it. It's more or less the turning point beyond which he was redeemable - after this fighting was over - he wasn't gonna be the champ ever again because he was leagues behind Khabib, PR, Cocaineyness, being a pain in the hole and a bully went full time from here on - before this they were side projects to retaining belts. TLDR it's raging bull, except with money.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thumbs down for Rogan content.

Here's the thing about Rogan content.

1. He's a really good fight commentator. This is fight commentary.
2. I'm aware the lefties hate him because he's an idiot. Likewise a lot of people love him because he's an idiot - being a fucking idiot is a really valid interview style for extracting information from people.
3. I don't actually like him, but i think it's important to understand him, which is really hard to do if you never expose yourself to him.

I actually saw a similar reaction from an young one a week or two ago - Anything that has such a gutteral reaction in people requires investigation.

Also notable in Rogan is the fucking state of his skin in recent years - he's been pushing the all meat and supplements diet and he looks like his blood is trying to escape.

I'm afraid to listen to Joe Rogan or Jordan Peterson in case my daughters catch me and freak out

I totally understand this approach. the young one from recently - all that happened was someone mentioned joe rogan - not who the guest was, not what the question was or not even a bit of info about anything, just the name on it's own and their face screwed up like someone had shat in their cornflakes. I was secretly* amazed.

*i actually had to jump in and derail the conversation in case someone said it three times and he appeared, or yerone had a melter.

He broadly fits into the Centrist Dad area that a lot of us inhabit. He has his knucklehead following for sure but he's a bit smarter than them. But then maybe that makes him a Trojan horse.

He does have some interesting guests that are worth watching, since he's pretty good at letting interesting people talk. Stamets and Obama interviews were good.

If i become the person who just screws up thier face and goes into communication shutdown at the sheer mention of a name I'm denying myself an even basic knowledge or understanding of one of the most penetrative media personalities in current existence. It's not like taylor swift where acres of kids can all cry into thier pillows together, it's mass opinion forming stuff that a significant number of people i share the same general cultural (english speaking, online) space with have as a very routine part of thier lives. I don't think anyone needs to tune in weekly or become a fangirl, but like anything else in life i'll do deep dive/raid on it and get some understanding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back