Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

Good for you Jonah. Moved a few times with three, and then four. They were rubbish at carrying stuff. Still are.

My minor complaint: people talking about "the space in between" in the arts.

"This sculpture/play/poem represents/tackles/addresses/is about the space in between." Why is so much art about the goddam space in between? And I know I'm being obtuse so someone please set me straight -- between what?

teh space in between plebs and people who get grants

Good for you Jonah. Moved a few times with three, and then four. They were rubbish at carrying stuff. Still are.

"This sculpture/play/poem represents/tackles/addresses/is about the space in between." Why is so much art about the goddam space in between? And I know I'm being obtuse so someone please set me straight -- between what?
Between shit and shite aka interstitial pursuits

Whereabouts? 17 years after moving I still kinda miss the city :/
Not too far from Dunlavin. We're in that nice spot of feeling remote without actually being at all remote. And driving distance to town for my two days a month in the office.

Whenever I get to curate an art exhibition, the little square by the artwork will say "meh". Or "It's the square root of fuck all really".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got in the car to do something today, and there was an advert for a Jordan Peterson tour in Ireland?

Fucking hell. I can imagine him getting an entourage going here too.

Even the advert has some dickhead with a horrible American-ish accent. I was sitting at a T junction when it came on, and I did a full "Fuck you" filthy look at the radio when when a woman had stopped in the middle of the road to let me in.

I tried to act natural and I hope she didn't notice, and I did a thank you wave. Although, having said all that, officially I can't condone the whole stopping on the road when you have right of way, to be polite.

Oh, cult-y! I misheard you. I thought you said… culchie.
Heh.

He's so cynical. I just get this vibe where he's preying on these angsty misanthrope tweeny boys, with anger issues and feel the world's passed them by a little bit.

He has one precise demographic, and he sticks his little tick mouthparts into that demographic, and laps away, stoking outrage and vengeance. Like some kind of a right-on, younger woke Daily Mail reader.

I'm not going to do a Frank Zappa and go from insuferable prick to probably grand just not my cup of tea on him either. Jordan is a Prick for life. Once you have tick mouthparts, you always have tick mouthparts.

Even the advert has some dickhead with a horrible American-ish accent. I was sitting at a T junction when it came on, and I did a full "Fuck you" filthy look at the radio when when a woman had stopped in the middle of the road to let me in.

I tried to act natural and I hope she didn't notice, and I did a thank you wave. Although, having said all that, officially I can't condone the whole stopping on the road when you have right of way, to be polite.
Every time I listen to the radio it ends with me shouting Fuck Off as I hit the off button.

does anyone know what's going on when you take a tablet, but don't swallow it exactly right, and it gets stuck in a way that seems to resist liters of water getting hockeyed into the same pipe?

Like, the pipe water goes down is the same pipe tablets go down. I get the idea of a tablet getting a bit stuck, but surely it can't still be stuck when I'm drinking stuff afterwards? Is the drink going around the tablet? It feels like nothing you can do can dislodge it, almost to the point that I'm wondering if it's not really there and I'm feeling some phantom yoke stuck in throat feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back