Eurovision 2021 (3 Viewers)

I felt sorry for the English lad. His song was muck, but there were shitter ones, and like ... zero points? Bit of a sting. IIRC he wrote and performed it, so he can't even blame anyone else
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

still haven't heard the Irish one. I'll check it out and report back.
The live version is a bit laboured and breathless, as you might expect from someone trying to sing while running on a treadmill

Just watched the performance. The whole first half was ridiculous. When you have other performers using the massive production potential the cut out idea was a flop. You only saw the physical effects for a couple of seconds on the stage 99% of viewers wouldn't have copped it. The song is ok.

Just watched the performance. The whole first half was ridiculous. When you have other performers using the massive production potential the cut out idea was a flop. You only saw the physical effects for a couple of seconds on the stage 99% of viewers wouldn't have copped it. The song is ok.
Focusing on the TV viewers is the whole point of eurovision though innit? That's a decent song, and that'd be a pretty good music video. Pity her singing was a bit uncontrolled - on the recording she sounds pure Pop

From Wikipedia

"No rule has ever been implemented to limit the nationality or country of birth of the competing artists; many competing countries with a small population, such as Luxembourg and Monaco, were regularly represented by artists and composers from other countries, and several winning artists in the contest's history have held a different nationality or were born in a different country to that which they represented in the contest."

That's mad. I knew (Canadian) Celine Dion won it for Switzerland, but based on that I assumed that maybe the composers had to be from or at least living in the country. Guess not

France Gall won for Luxembourg in 1965 with a song written by Serge Gainsbourg so that was never the case I suppose:

France Gall won for Luxembourg in 1965 with a song written by Serge Gainsbourg so that was never the case I suppose:

love that. Was always a big fan of this since hearing belle and sebastian do a dreadful version of it.

singing wasn't her strong point but her child-like voice was always very charming. The live orchestra is great too

I think it was she who motivated me to start the Retro Horn thread.

Focusing on the TV viewers is the whole point of eurovision though innit? That's a decent song, and that'd be a pretty good music video. Pity her singing was a bit uncontrolled - on the recording she sounds pure Pop
Yea maybe, but it just came across like a video on Top Of The Pops when everyone else is in studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back